DX7590 SD Design Errors: Any Fix?

Old August 14th 06, 12:11 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.point+shoot
George Conklin

Default DX7590 SD Design Errors: Any Fix?

Can anyone tell me if Kodak's DX7590's SD cards can be addressed by any
known computer program without going through EasyShare, AKA DisasterShare?
EasyShare slows down computer starts by constantly trying to contact Kodak
every time you boot your computer. I have been unable to address the SD
card directly through my media slots (Widows XP), and Kodak tells me it
takes about 5 minutes to download about 1 minute of video. With a 1 gig
card, it would take, they say between 3-4 hours to download a video. I am
ready to trash the camera and get a Sony. Are there any solutions out
there? Or does Kodak deserve to go bankrupt?

Old August 14th 06, 08:16 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.point+shoot
cb3c

I don't have the DX7590 or use a Kodak SD card, but use sandisk or other
generic brand. My xp picks that baby up and I never use the EasyShare
anything, as there is no need with XP. Maybe the kodak SD card you have is
bad? I wouldn't get a new camera just for that! I love my Kodak cameras.
I've had 2. If you decide to trash your's let me know!

ink.net...

Old August 14th 06, 09:16 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.point+shoot
George Conklin

"cb3c" wrote in message
I don't have the DX7590 or use a Kodak SD card, but use sandisk or other
generic brand. My xp picks that baby up and I never use the EasyShare
anything, as there is no need with XP. Maybe the kodak SD card you have

is
bad? I wouldn't get a new camera just for that! I love my Kodak cameras.
I've had 2. If you decide to trash your's let me know!

I've tried several different SD cards and XP picks up none of them,
either on My Computer or through the camera. I'm most interested in getting
a 1 gig video off the card. It plays on the camera, but does not download.

Old August 17th 06, 08:43 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.point+shoot
David Wright

In article et, George
Conklin writes
I've tried several different SD cards and XP picks up none of them,
either on My Computer or through the camera. I'm most interested in getting
a 1 gig video off the card. It plays on the camera, but does not download.

Why not buy or borrow a USB card reader and see if XP can read your SD
card using this? If the card is recognised you can then drag (move or
copy) your video to a directory on your PC.

--
David Wright
Old August 18th 06, 01:39 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.point+shoot
George Conklin

"David Wright" wrote in message
In article et, George
Conklin writes
I've tried several different SD cards and XP picks up none of them,
either on My Computer or through the camera. I'm most interested in

getting
a 1 gig video off the card. It plays on the camera, but does not

download.

Why not buy or borrow a USB card reader and see if XP can read your SD
card using this? If the card is recognised you can then drag (move or
copy) your video to a directory on your PC.

The computer has a SD card reader built in, but, no, it does not copy
across except through Kodak's software. I am wondering if there is any
software which will enable this. Kodak just says spend 4-5 hours transfer
time using their software.

Old August 18th 06, 10:38 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.point+shoot
David Wright

In article et, George
Conklin writes
Why not buy or borrow a USB card reader and see if XP can read your SD
card using this? If the card is recognised you can then drag (move or
copy) your video to a directory on your PC

The computer has a SD card reader built in, but, no, it does not copy
across except through Kodak's software. I am wondering if there is any
software which will enable this. Kodak just says spend 4-5 hours transfer
time using their software.

Are you saying that on your computer Windows XP does not recognise any
SD card in its reader as a drive?

--
David Wright
Old August 18th 06, 01:56 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.point+shoot
George Conklin

"David Wright" wrote in message
In article et, George
Conklin writes
Why not buy or borrow a USB card reader and see if XP can read your SD
card using this? If the card is recognised you can then drag (move or
copy) your video to a directory on your PC

The computer has a SD card reader built in, but, no, it does not copy
across except through Kodak's software. I am wondering if there is any
software which will enable this. Kodak just says spend 4-5 hours

transfer
time using their software.

Are you saying that on your computer Windows XP does not recognise any
SD card in its reader as a drive?

No, it says Kodak, but it is dead file. It won't do anything. The video
plays in the camera, however. A short video downloads ok through Kodak's
Easy Share, but the help desk told me to allow 3-4 hours to transfer a 1 gig
file. I think this makes the camera worthless for videos. I used it
because I had forgotten my usual video camera for a meeting.