suitable camera for auto's

Old October 30th 05, 05:31 AM
CNN_news

Default suitable camera for auto's

I want to take pictures of automobiles with their new owners on dealers
lots.

I know I will need a tripod but what type of digital camera would give
good images because I need to make a print of it on a photo printer.

Thanks

Old October 30th 05, 06:57 AM
Joan

In low light, if you need to use flash and you want to show the number
plates, you might have problems with reflective plates using a small P&S.

--
Joan

"Bill" wrote in message ...
CNN_news wrote:

I want to take pictures of automobiles with their new owners on dealers
lots.

Almost any digital camera would suffice for this purpose. Something with
3 megapixels is more than enough, unless you intend to blow up the image
for putting on a wall.

I know I will need a tripod

You don't need a tripod if you're taking shots outdoors, unless it's at
night time. Available light should be more than adequate with any
camera.

but what type of digital camera would give
good images because I need to make a print of it on a photo printer.

This is the only key factor...you need to be able to print quickly, so
the camera should have a removable memory card to use on a computer, or
be able to print directly to a printer.

Do you have a budget or any other needs?

Old October 30th 05, 07:07 AM
Frank ess

CNN_news wrote:
I want to take pictures of automobiles with their new owners on
dealers lots.

I know I will need a tripod but what type of digital camera would
give
good images because I need to make a print of it on a photo printer.

Thanks

For the buyer, or for your records or display? Think about a cheap
Polaroid. Nearly foolproof and probably not any more expensive in the
long run, considering printer supplies. We used to shoot the crooks
with Polaroid and almost never had a re-do.

Otherwise, any 3.2 MP P&S should do the job. Although I think the
whole digital-to-paper process would be more trouble than it's worth
in (what I imagine) is your situation.

Say, are you a car salesman? Do I really want to help you?

--
Frank ess

Old October 31st 05, 04:39 PM
CNN_news

I don't have a budget but I was thinking less than $500.

I think I will get a point and shoot camera which can take the best
pictures with the MINIMUM user ability.

Which of these cameras are the best?

Nikon Coolpix 7900
Sony Cybershot P200
Casio Exilim EX-Z750
Canon Powershot SD500
Fuji FinePix E550
HP Photosmart R717
Sony Cybershot W7
Casio QV-R62

I need a tripod because of blurring and I think It wll be easier.

Also this is very important and there is NO chance for a retake.

Thanks.

Old October 31st 05, 05:00 PM
CNN_news

I should also say that I would like to crop the owners head and use
that to digitally print a hardcopy so I think the resolution should be
fairly high?