Kodak EasyShare Can't Add Photos

Old November 12th 04, 02:41 AM
Bryson

Default Kodak EasyShare Can't Add Photos

I have the latest version of the Kodak EasyShare 4.0.2.134 installed. I have
several problems that have not been solved but uninstalling the software,
using the clean utility, uninstalling again, etc. I've even removed all
photos from my collection and started over. Keep in mind this all used to
work OK. I wish I remember what I changed or added on the system before all
of this. I have a XP Pro on a P4 machine.

1 - The program does not see my DX6490 Camera. The camera is mapped to my G:
drive and I can browse the photos directly through windows explorer. However
when I click transfer now, it says that a support device cannot be found.
I've unclicked the Kodak Camera selection in the Transfer settings area.
Rechecked it, changed the time to wait before starting the transfer.
Nothing. It never sees the camera. Note that if I click Add Photos, the
camera is listed, but NOT as drive G:. It is listed at the bottom as its own
device. However I still can't transfer (see problem 2).

2 - Even when I have a photo on my harddrive I am unable to add the photos.
When I click Add Photos and select the Album and Photo, the More Options
button is grayed out. The Add Photos or Add Entire Directory button result
in nothing. No action is taken. No photos are added.

So I am unable to use the One Touch transfer, fine. But now I can't even
manually add photos.

Help Please!

Bryson

Old November 16th 04, 06:17 PM
Ron Baird

Greetings Bryson,

As you have read, I have contacted you by email directly. But, I also
thought I should post the reply I offered here so anyone else that might
have had this issue may be helped. What I said was.....Thank you for your
patience with the software and describing the problem so well. If you have
had a previous version of EasyShare software on the system, please try:

1. Press ctrl-alt-del together at once on your keyboard.
For Windows XP and 2000 you need to click on Task Manager and then the
Processes tab.
2. Find and click once on dcfssvc (highlights to blue) select End Process
(lower right of the window) and yes if prompted
3. Find and click once on EasyShare.exe (highlights to blue) select End
Process (lower right of the window) and yes if prompted
4. Return to the desktop and start EasyShare software and try to transfer
your pictures.
Please note, in case the older camera connection software (dcfssvc) is set
to start up during you boot, it is recommended
that you remove this file from your system.
5. Click Start, then Search/Find (depending on OS) and choose All Files and
Folders.
6. Type the name dcfssvc.exe and delete any instances of this file that are
found.

If you have not had a previous version of Easyshare software on the system,
please do the following:
-right click the My Computer icon on your desktop
-select Properties, select the Hardware tab, select Device Manager
-now please try transferring your pictures
-look in the Device Manager window, is there now a Imaging Device selection,
select the plus sign
-you should see the Kodak camera model listed.
-right click on it and select to update driver
-select the install from list or specific location offering
-select the don't search, i will select a driver to install offering
-select the digital still camera and then next
-select easyshare software from the list of offered software programs and
the always use this application checkbox, lower left and ok
-try your transfer again.

Alternate transfer method might be if you are still having difficulty with
the transfer, please select the EasyShare Add Pictures icon and then
navigate
to and select the camera drive letter.

Bryson, please let us know the results, thank you again for your patience in
working through the picture transfer problem. You did this and we are
investigating the outcome. I will post it here for you as well.

Talk to you soon Koehler,

Ron Baird
Eastman Kodak Company