Almost started to get the 10D

Old August 20th 04, 09:12 PM
Don

Default Almost started to get the 10D

Now what I have taken two mounts trying to decide on the Nikon D70 or the
Canon 10D I was almost one day from buying the Canon 10D from a local Store
for $1299 Plus the damn tax, or e-bay used ones from 999 to 1175 not a good
deal for a used one but the bidders were buying them up as fast as they
could for top dollar. What gives. New camera from a local dealer equals
better deal with local people. NOW what new decision, now weight for the new
Canon 20D a few months away, 8 mp, better performance in some areas, now
I will be without again for some time. All ****.

Old August 20th 04, 09:18 PM
Ryadia

Don wrote:
Now what I have taken two mounts trying to decide on the Nikon D70 or the
Canon 10D I was almost one day from buying the Canon 10D from a local Store
for $1299 Plus the damn tax, or e-bay used ones from 999 to 1175 not a good
deal for a used one but the bidders were buying them up as fast as they
could for top dollar. What gives. New camera from a local dealer equals
better deal with local people. NOW what new decision, now weight for the new
Canon 20D a few months away, 8 mp, better performance in some areas, now
I will be without again for some time. All ****.

Some of the best photos I have ever taken (and quite recently too) were
taken on a 26 year old camera. My 10D is fantastic for what I do with it
and I don't intend to soon replace it just because a more dense sensor
arrives on the market. I might however, get one of the new 10mm zooms!

Ryadia

Old August 20th 04, 09:57 PM
MarkH

Ryadia wrote in
:

Don wrote:
[...]

Look closer, Canon’s new zoom is EF-S, you can’t fit it to a 10D!

Personally, if I were buying now I would put my name down for the new 20D
which will be available next month.

--
Mark Heyes (New Zealand)
understand binary and those that don't"

Old August 20th 04, 11:04 PM
Don

Will the 20D take the older lenses as used on the 10D.
Now since it looks I will be waiting for the new 20D ( really might take 5
months for the bugs to be worked out ), I will be looking over the choices
of lenses that could be used. Again another hold up, But I really like the
10D but the cost is now too close.
I am starting from scratch. Need flash, Lenses and camera body.

OOOOHHH hold on, I am seeing that a Sigma new 3hrd gen 3X tech is coming
out even better.
but on the second thought I pass. Ha Ha

Hurry and weight.

"Gisle Hannemyr" wrote in message
Ryadia writes:
My 10D is fantastic for what I do with it and I don't intend to soon
replace it just because a more dense sensor arrives on the market. I
might however, get one of the new 10mm zooms!

Then you need to replace it. The 10D don't have an EF-S mount.

Old August 20th 04, 11:07 PM
Bill Hilton

From: "Don"

Will the 20D take the older lenses as used on the 10D.

Yes.

Old August 20th 04, 11:07 PM
Bill Hilton

From: "Don"

Old August 21st 04, 03:01 AM
John Doe

Once the 20D is out and shipping, I wonder what will happen to the price for
the 10D ?

My bet is it comes down quite a bit...

Best,

Ross