Nikon 35mm SLR: manual focus vs. auto focus

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old September 23rd 04, 01:07 AM
Tony

After I put two grand down the Nikon black hole of Melville. I've learned
the lesson. Reasonable people don't let reasonable people waste money on
Nikon.
This is a lesson you apparently haven't or can't learn - I find most
Nikon fanatics tend to be a little weak in the logic department and tout the
cameras bugs as features (ie no miror lock up because in the situation
wherre you could use it you would be better off buying a used F than having
a F100 that could do all you want it to do.
Of course then there are the pure trolls like you who don't even defend
Nikon - simply attack me - because you know there is no defense for Nikon.
The company is selling third rate shi-tuff that you can't defend. But
admitting that would be admitting you paid more to see the admiring faces of
the people who will admire your good taste. Even there, Nikon is second rate
when compared to Leica.

--
http://www.chapelhillnoir.com
home of The Camera-ist's Manifesto

"Wesley Jansen" wrote in message
link.net...
Yes, I'll believe I'll nominate you as the Canon troll of the year.
Congrats! ;-)

All this incredible bitterness over a scanner. My, my.

"Tony" wrote in message
om...
Canon had MF stuff for about 40 years - I thought it was nice but never
bought any myself - although the 12 years I spent with two Nikon dogs
eventually convinced me I would have been better off with any other

brand.

--
http://www.chapelhillnoir.com
home of The Camera-ist's Manifesto
The Improved Links Pages are at

"Wesley Jansen" wrote in message
news

"Tony" wrote in message
om...
Actually the MF will be the heavier given similar models. They tend

be
old designs with mechanical linkages and metal bodies. The only

advantage
them is that some equipment snobs will tell you that you'll learn

more
about
photography from them - they are wrong, and in fact actually don't

have
the
vaguest idea how wrong they are, but that's the way they are, and no
amount
of evidence is gonna change them.
Go for AF - and take a look at Canon and Pentax while you're at

it.
Nikon
has been running on empty for a while now.

And I'll wager if Canon HAD any MF stuff, you'd think it was just

peachy!
;-)