D300 manual

Old December 5th 07, 12:00 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Sosumi

Default D300 manual

What is the problem in America these days? I can't order any photo equipment
from Amazon or other companies, because I live in Europe. OK, screw that, I
just have it send to my sister in Washington and she sends it to me ;-))

But what's with the D3 and D300 manual? Nikon USA in all their wisdom, has
decided that you can only download a printable PDF if you can show proof of
purchase of a camera bought in America.
What idiot thought of that? Now they give NX for free, but the manual is a
problem?
Well, screw them. If you happen to need an English manual, you can download
a printable one from the UK.

Strangely enough, the NON printable is 15 MB and the printable is only 11
MB. Is the protection so big???

--
Sosumi

Old December 5th 07, 12:10 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Dr Hfuhruhurr

On 5 Dec, 12:00, "Sosumi" wrote:
What is the problem in America these days? I can't order any photo equipment
from Amazon or other companies, because I live in Europe. OK, screw that, I
just have it send to my sister in Washington and she sends it to me ;-))

But what's with the D3 and D300 manual? Nikon USA in all their wisdom, has
decided that you can only download a printable PDF if you can show proof of
purchase of a camera bought in America.
What idiot thought of that? Now they give NX for free, but the manual is a
problem?
Well, screw them. If you happen to need an English manual, you can download
a printable one from the UK.

Strangely enough, the NON printable is 15 MB and the printable is only 11
MB. Is the protection so big???

The non printable probably has 'hyperlinks' embedded for easier
navigation on screen (e.g. from the table of contents you should be
able to go straight to the required page). The printable version
doesn't require this navigation and hence the file is smaller.

Doc

Old December 5th 07, 03:28 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Frank Arthur

"Sosumi" wrote in message
What is the problem in America these days? I can't order any photo
equipment from Amazon or other companies, because I live in Europe.

There are currently millions of transactions of goods sold from the
USA to Europe daily.
Maybe YOU can't order anything. Maybe they all know who you are and
your reputation?

Old December 5th 07, 07:40 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
dullpain

"Protection" of digital content is a bizarre aspect of this early transition
period to the electronic world of tomorrow.
Why on Earth Nikon would want to prevent anyone, whether they own the camera
or not, from looking at the D300 instruction manual is something only Nikon
can comprehend.
Reading the manual may entice potential buyers.
Restricting access to the manual does nothing to deter competitors.

Old December 5th 07, 07:54 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
C J Campbell

On 2007-12-05 04:00:47 -0800, "Sosumi" said:

But what's with the D3 and D300 manual? Nikon USA in all their wisdom, has
decided that you can only download a printable PDF if you can show proof of
purchase of a camera bought in America.
What idiot thought of that? Now they give NX for free, but the manual is a
problem?
Well, screw them. If you happen to need an English manual, you can download
a printable one from the UK.

That is right. If someone from the US tries to download the printable
manual from the Nikon UK site, they have to show proof of purchase of a
camera in UK. This is a world-wide Nikon policy. The idea is to
discourage gray market cameras. A printable manual is part of their
warranty service.

--
Waddling Eagle
World Famous Flight Instructor

Old December 5th 07, 09:07 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Charlie Self

On Dec 5, 2:54 pm, C J Campbell
On 2007-12-05 04:00:47 -0800, "Sosumi" said:

That is right. If someone from the US tries to download the printable
manual from the Nikon UK site, they have to show proof of purchase of a
camera in UK. This is a world-wide Nikon policy. The idea is to
discourage gray market cameras. A printable manual is part of their
warranty service.

Weird. Before I bought my K10D, even though I was happy with two *istD
bodies, I downloaded and read the manual thoroughly. I'd have tried to
do the same if I had intended to buy Nikon. Particularly for people
who don't have a decent camera store, or even an indecent one, within
easy reach, thatis a real help in making the decision.

Old December 5th 07, 09:18 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
David J Taylor[_4_]

Folks,

If you want a Nikon D300 manual, as all prospective customers might, get
it he

http://nikoneurope-en.custhelp.com/c...i=&p_topview=1

D3 manual:

http://nikoneurope-en.custhelp.com/c...i=&p_topview=1

I didn't have to sign away anything to get access.

Cheers,
David

Old December 5th 07, 09:36 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Sosumi

On 2007-12-05 04:00:47 -0800, "Sosumi" said:

[...]

Dumb Parrot is more like it. You're full of BS. I already have the English
manual from UK. They don't even HAVE an non print version. Check the facts
before you start snapping your bill,
so just shut up and be still

--
Sosumi

Old December 5th 07, 10:22 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Floyd L. Davidson

"David J Taylor" wrote:
Folks,

If you want a Nikon D300 manual, as all prospective customers might, get
it he

http://nikoneurope-en.custhelp.com/c...i=&p_topview=1

Of course that is no different than,

http://www.nikonusa.com/pdf/manuals/...en_noprint.pdf

D3 manual:

http://nikoneurope-en.custhelp.com/c...i=&p_topview=1

http://www.nikonusa.com/pdf/manuals/...en_noprint.pdf

I didn't have to sign away anything to get access.

Neither do US downloads.

Ukpeagvik (Barrow, Alaska)
Old December 5th 07, 11:16 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Frank Arthur

Default I am removing "Sosumi" from viewing his troll garbage on my computer because:

Lying *******.

The Nikon D300 manual is a PDF free copy from Nikon and is available
for all
at http://www.nikonusa.com/pdf/manuals/...en_noprint.pdf