REALLY BIG BIRDS LOVE THE 40D !

Old October 14th 07, 09:45 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,aus.photo,rec.photo.digital
Annika1980

Default REALLY BIG BIRDS LOVE THE 40D !

OK sports fans, today we're gonna see what the 40D can really do.
Here is a full-size image from the 40D that I took a few hours ago.
It's a large (3888x2592) image so those of you with slower connections
might want to go get a tasty beverage while it loads.

I used the Forgotten 400 f/5.6L with the 1.4x Teleconverter.
1/500, f/8, using a monopod (tripods are for wimps).
I also had a 20D with a 70-200 f/2.8L hanging from my neck for
additional ballast.
BTW, this is not our friend, Spike, but is one of the birds over at
the dam that are used to having people around. This one was taken from
a distance of about 30 feet.

I'll look forward to seeing equivalent pics from the P&S crowd.
As if.

Old October 14th 07, 10:01 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,aus.photo,rec.photo.digital
[email protected]

On Oct 14, 4:45 pm, Annika1980 wrote:
OK sports fans, today we're gonna see what the 40D can really do.
Here is a full-size image from the 40D that I took a few hours ago.
It's a large (3888x2592) image so those of you with slower connections
might want to go get a tasty beverage while it loads.

I used the Forgotten 400 f/5.6L with the 1.4x Teleconverter.
1/500, f/8, using a monopod (tripods are for wimps).
I also had a 20D with a 70-200 f/2.8L hanging from my neck for
additional ballast.
BTW, this is not our friend, Spike, but is one of the birds over at
the dam that are used to having people around. This one was taken from
a distance of about 30 feet.

I'll look forward to seeing equivalent pics from the P&S crowd.
As if.

WOW!! What a huge image! It loaded up quickly for me. This one
shows more of the exquisite quality and intricate detail than in all
your heron shots! An opthamologist could examine his eye from this
pic! Truly a phenomonal shot Bret. It's so heartwarming to see you
take the 40D to it's potential. Congrats!!
Helen

Old October 14th 07, 10:33 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,aus.photo,rec.photo.digital
Charles[_2_]

"Annika1980" wrote in message
ups.com...
OK sports fans, today we're gonna see what the 40D can really do.
Here is a full-size image from the 40D that I took a few hours ago.
It's a large (3888x2592) image so those of you with slower connections
might want to go get a tasty beverage while it loads.

I used the Forgotten 400 f/5.6L with the 1.4x Teleconverter.
1/500, f/8, using a monopod (tripods are for wimps).
I also had a 20D with a 70-200 f/2.8L hanging from my neck for
additional ballast.
BTW, this is not our friend, Spike, but is one of the birds over at
the dam that are used to having people around. This one was taken from
a distance of about 30 feet.

Sharp ... sharp ... and sharp!

Old October 14th 07, 10:44 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,aus.photo,rec.photo.digital
Doug Jewell[_2_]

"Annika1980" wrote in message
ups.com...
OK sports fans, today we're gonna see what the 40D can really do.
Here is a full-size image from the 40D that I took a few hours ago.
It's a large (3888x2592) image so those of you with slower connections
might want to go get a tasty beverage while it loads.

I used the Forgotten 400 f/5.6L with the 1.4x Teleconverter.
1/500, f/8, using a monopod (tripods are for wimps).
I also had a 20D with a 70-200 f/2.8L hanging from my neck for
additional ballast.
BTW, this is not our friend, Spike, but is one of the birds over at
the dam that are used to having people around. This one was taken from
a distance of about 30 feet.

Pretty impressive.
I like the noise pattern in the sky too - it almost has a film-grain-like
quality to it.

I'll look forward to seeing equivalent pics from the P&S crowd.
As if.

Oh I'm pretty sure that dickhead who claims P&S are so much better will find
an image somewhere on flickr, post a link to the JPG, and claim that it was
taken with a P&S - although he won't say what P&S, and won't post a link to
his gallery so we can see the exif detail that flickr strips from the file,
and he won't post a link to his gallery because then we'd see that all the
photos he's posted over the last few weeks have been stolen from other
flickr pages.

Old October 14th 07, 11:23 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,aus.photo,rec.photo.digital
Michael Brown[_2_]

Very Nice Bret.

On 15/10/07 6:45 AM, in article
, "Annika1980"

Old October 14th 07, 11:55 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,aus.photo,rec.photo.digital
~~NoMad~~

"Annika1980" wrote in message
ups.com...
OK sports fans, today we're gonna see what the 40D can really do.
Here is a full-size image from the 40D that I took a few hours ago.
It's a large (3888x2592) image so those of you with slower connections
might want to go get a tasty beverage while it loads.

I used the Forgotten 400 f/5.6L with the 1.4x Teleconverter.
1/500, f/8, using a monopod (tripods are for wimps).
I also had a 20D with a 70-200 f/2.8L hanging from my neck for
additional ballast.
BTW, this is not our friend, Spike, but is one of the birds over at
the dam that are used to having people around. This one was taken from
a distance of about 30 feet.

I'll look forward to seeing equivalent pics from the P&S crowd.
As if.

Damn when are you going to get a REAL Full Frame DSLR?

NM

Old October 15th 07, 12:35 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,aus.photo,rec.photo.digital
D_Mac

On Oct 15, 6:45 am, Annika1980 wrote:
OK sports fans, today we're gonna see what the 40D can really do.
Here is a full-size image from the 40D that I took a few hours ago.
It's a large (3888x2592) image so those of you with slower connections
might want to go get a tasty beverage while it loads.

I used the Forgotten 400 f/5.6L with the 1.4x Teleconverter.
1/500, f/8, using a monopod (tripods are for wimps).
I also had a 20D with a 70-200 f/2.8L hanging from my neck for
additional ballast.
BTW, this is not our friend, Spike, but is one of the birds over at
the dam that are used to having people around. This one was taken from
a distance of about 30 feet.

I'll look forward to seeing equivalent pics from the P&S crowd.
As if.

You really should have posted this picture on your new web site.
It would have complemented all those P&S shots.

Doug

Old October 15th 07, 03:27 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,aus.photo,rec.photo.digital
uw wayne

On Oct 14, 3:45 pm, Annika1980 wrote:
OK sports fans, today we're gonna see what the 40D can really do.
Here is a full-size image from the 40D that I took a few hours ago.
It's a large (3888x2592) image so those of you with slower connections
might want to go get a tasty beverage while it loads.

I used the Forgotten 400 f/5.6L with the 1.4x Teleconverter.
1/500, f/8, using a monopod (tripods are for wimps).
I also had a 20D with a 70-200 f/2.8L hanging from my neck for
additional ballast.
BTW, this is not our friend, Spike, but is one of the birds over at
the dam that are used to having people around. This one was taken from
a distance of about 30 feet.

I'll look forward to seeing equivalent pics from the P&S crowd.
As if.

Detail is astounding Bret......comes close to challenging...Nikon.

Old October 15th 07, 03:52 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,aus.photo,rec.photo.digital
Vintage Monk[_3_]

D_Mac wrote:
[...]

Hey Chon Kei, do you class this POS post as 'on-topic'?

Doug gets jealous when he sees a truly great shot as he has never seen
one come off his own camera.