SDHC and CompactFlash card reader?

Old June 19th 07, 11:57 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Bruce.

Default SDHC and CompactFlash card reader?

I just got a 4 GB SDHC card only to discover than my old multi-card reader
won't read it. It handles SD cards, but apparently not SDHC cards.

Searching the web yields very little. Can anyone recommend or knows of a
multi-card reader that will do at least SDHC and CompactFlash cards?

Thanks!
Bruce.

Old June 20th 07, 09:27 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Joan

You might be hard pressed to find a simple card reader that does SDHC
and CF.

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_ss_/1...1&Go.y=8&Go=Go

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listi...733487-4882027

--
Joan

t...
:

Old June 20th 07, 01:15 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Bruce.

"Joan" wrote in message
You might be hard pressed to find a simple card reader that does SDHC
and CF.

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_ss_/1...1&Go.y=8&Go=Go

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listi...733487-4882027

Yes, I've been able to find SDHC readers, but not a combo one.

Bruce.

Old June 20th 07, 01:26 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Joan

Maybe they don't exist yet. Surprisingly, my 2 year old Vosonic
VP6230 can read SDHC cards, maybe because it has Linux type embedded
operating system.

--
Joan

"Bruce." wrote in message
. net...
: ...

Old June 20th 07, 01:51 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Gadi Ben-Avi[_2_]

The
SanDisk ImageMate® 12-in-1 Reader/Writer (SDDR-89) should work

Gadi
t...

Old June 20th 07, 04:10 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Jürgen Exner

Joan wrote:
You might be hard pressed to find a simple card reader that does SDHC
and CF.

Bought the cheapest card reader at Fry's two months ago (some no-name store
brand) and it does SDHC, CF, and a dozen other formats.
There are now card readers out there for little money (20$ US?) that claim
to support over 50 different flash cards. Of course beside the usual 4 to 5
different physical cards that's mostly different versions of the same
standard, like SD and HDSD.

jue

Old June 21st 07, 01:59 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Bruce.

"Joan" wrote in message
Maybe they don't exist yet. Surprisingly, my 2 year old Vosonic
VP6230 can read SDHC cards, maybe because it has Linux type embedded
operating system.

I bought a combo drive just 6 months ago and it's already obsolete.

Bruce.

Old June 21st 07, 02:09 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Bruce.

"Gadi Ben-Avi" wrote in message
The
SanDisk ImageMate® 12-in-1 Reader/Writer (SDDR-89) should work

A lot of the store's listings don't say SDHC for that model but I confimed
SDHC on the SanDisk web site. The web site also mentioned a minimum version
20-90-03066 for the listed cards, so I ordered it from SanDisk to make sure
I don't get an older SD only model.

Thank you very much!
Bruce.

Old June 26th 07, 02:49 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
[email protected]

SanDisk SDDR-99 should work also

http://www.sandisk.com/Products/Item...derWriter.aspx