Pentax K100D Pentax Remote Assistant

Old January 16th 07, 06:36 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Andy Phillips

Default Pentax K100D Pentax Remote Assistant

I have recently bought the K100D and I was wondering if it is possible to
use it with the Pentax Remote Assistant software, because I installed the
software the other day and when I plugged in my K100D it seemed to work
perfectly and I just want to make sure that I am not damaging my K100D or my
PC

escudo

Old January 16th 07, 07:12 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Paul Mitchum

Andy Phillips wrote:

I have recently bought the K100D and I was wondering if it is possible to
use it with the Pentax Remote Assistant software, because I installed the
software the other day and when I plugged in my K100D it seemed to work
perfectly and I just want to make sure that I am not damaging my K100D or my
PC

If there's any doubt, you really should ask someone from Pentax.

That said: I have a version of Remote that was supposed to be for the
*ist D, and I used it with my *ist DS without ill-effect.
Old January 16th 07, 08:43 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Al Reid

"Paul Mitchum" wrote in message
Andy Phillips wrote:

I have recently bought the K100D and I was wondering if it is possible to
use it with the Pentax Remote Assistant software, because I installed the
software the other day and when I plugged in my K100D it seemed to work
perfectly and I just want to make sure that I am not damaging my K100D or
my
PC

If there's any doubt, you really should ask someone from Pentax.

That said: I have a version of Remote that was supposed to be for the
*ist D, and I used it with my *ist DS without ill-effect.

And I've used it with my *istDL as well.

--
Al Reid

Old January 16th 07, 09:50 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Pete D

Andy Phillips wrote:

I have recently bought the K100D and I was wondering if it is possible
use it with the Pentax Remote Assistant software, because I installed
the
software the other day and when I plugged in my K100D it seemed to work
perfectly and I just want to make sure that I am not damaging my K100D
or my
PC

If there's any doubt, you really should ask someone from Pentax.

That said: I have a version of Remote that was supposed to be for the
*ist D, and I used it with my *ist DS without ill-effect.

And I've used it with my *istDL as well.

--
Al Reid

I had a quick look with my K10D and some of it is working, why this is not
fully supported for the K10D and all models is totally beyond me. Pull your
finger out Pentax.

Old January 17th 07, 08:17 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
PentaxSLR

Andy Phillips wrote:

[...]

hi it's me escudo I sent the last message from my dads pc.

Pete did the use of pentax remote assitant on your K10D actualy damage
your pc or the camera it just my dad is worried I might destroy the
camera.

Thanks
Michael Phillips

A.K.A: escudo

Old January 17th 07, 08:17 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
PentaxSLR

Andy Phillips wrote:

[...]

your pc or the camera it is just my dad is worried I might destroy the
camera.

Thanks
Michael Phillips

A.K.A: escudo

Old February 6th 07, 07:29 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
PentaxSLR

On 17 Jan, 20:17, "PentaxSLR" wrote:
Pete D wrote:
"Al Reid" wrote in message
"Paul Mitchum" wrote in message
. ..
Andy Phillips wrote:

[...]

A.K.A: escudo- Hide quoted text -

Hi all,

I recived an email from Pentax the otherday and they said it is
possible to
use any of the *ist digital or K Digital series with the Pentax
Remote
Assistant softwaqre without any ill effect.

tanks Michael Phillips