Copyright Free or Resonably Priced Photos

Old October 27th 06, 12:58 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Ken

Default Copyright Free or Resonably Priced Photos

Anyone point me in the right direction?

All Googling does is get me to sites where they are not free.

Don't mind paying but for my very small, run from home, part time business,
not able to spend the hundreds that some seem to be.

Ken

Old October 27th 06, 05:23 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Rob-L

http://www.istockphoto.com/index.php

Rob-L in L.V.

------*

Old October 27th 06, 05:35 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Neil Ellwood

"Ken" Reply to NG only wrote:

Anyone point me in the right direction?

All Googling does is get me to sites where they are not free.

Don't mind paying but for my very small, run from home, part time
business, not able to spend the hundreds that some seem to be.

Ken

Why not take your own?
--
Neil
reverse 'ra' and delete 'l'.
Old October 27th 06, 05:42 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Ken

"Neil Ellwood" wrote in message
"Ken" Reply to NG only wrote:

Anyone point me in the right direction?

All Googling does is get me to sites where they are not free.

Don't mind paying but for my very small, run from home, part time
business, not able to spend the hundreds that some seem to be.

Ken

Why not take your own?
--
Neil
reverse 'ra' and delete 'l'.

Not exactly sure what I will be needing but sods law is when I need them I
will need something requiring an outside shot and here in the UK at this
timeof the year until next Spring it is not good outside. Also problems of
certain shots which I can't get set up. People or certain buildings, Etc.

Ken

Old October 28th 06, 06:49 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Neil Ellwood

"Ken" Reply to NG only wrote:

Anyone point me in the right direction?

All Googling does is get me to sites where they are not free.

Don't mind paying but for my very small, run from home, part time
business, not able to spend the hundreds that some seem to be.

Ken

Why not take your own?
--
Neil
reverse 'ra' and delete 'l'.

Not exactly sure what I will be needing but sods law is when I need
them I will need something requiring an outside shot and here in the
UK at this timeof the year until next Spring it is not good outside.
Also problems of certain shots which I can't get set up. People or
certain buildings, Etc.

Ken

There are plenty of times when the weather is good enough at this time
of year. Yesterday for instance we had bright sunshine until midday
when it did cloud over, there are many days like this throughout the
autumn, winter and spring period. Buildings just need repeated visits
at the right time, people are easier as they can be taken indoors.
--
Neil
reverse 'ra' and delete 'l'.
Old October 28th 06, 07:23 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Ken

"Ken" Reply to NG only wrote:

[...]

You make it should simple. It is not. When I need a shot I need it quickly
and I could spend half my life waiting for the right moment possibly having
to drive to the right place (could be hours away) to get there and find the
weather changed. Whilst I enjoy taking photos as part of what I do I also
recognise when common sense must prevail.

Ken

Old October 28th 06, 08:05 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Alfred Molon

In article , "Ken" Reply to NG
only says...

You make it should simple. It is not. When I need a shot I need it quickly
and I could spend half my life waiting for the right moment possibly having
to drive to the right place (could be hours away) to get there and find the
weather changed. Whilst I enjoy taking photos as part of what I do I also
recognise when common sense must prevail.

Then perhaps it's worth spending some money on them. istockphoto or
other microstock sites are cheap sources of photos. If you can't find
anything suitable there, you'll have to spend "real" money on the photos
- if you really need them. In any case, photos are never free. It always
costs some money or effort to produce them.
--

Alfred Molon
Old October 28th 06, 09:09 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Ken

"Alfred Molon" wrote in message
. ..
In article , "Ken" Reply to NG
only says...

You make it should simple. It is not. When I need a shot I need it
quickly
and I could spend half my life waiting for the right moment possibly
having
to drive to the right place (could be hours away) to get there and find
the
weather changed. Whilst I enjoy taking photos as part of what I do I also
recognise when common sense must prevail.

Then perhaps it's worth spending some money on them. istockphoto or
other microstock sites are cheap sources of photos. If you can't find
anything suitable there, you'll have to spend "real" money on the photos
- if you really need them. In any case, photos are never free. It always
costs some money or effort to produce them.
--

Alfred Molon

Yes an earlier poster suggested istockphoto which seems very good and thanks
for your reply.

Ken

Old October 28th 06, 04:55 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Neil Ellwood

"Ken" Reply to NG only wrote:

There are plenty of times when the weather is good enough at this
time of year. Yesterday for instance we had bright sunshine until
midday when it did cloud over, there are many days like this
throughout the autumn, winter and spring period. Buildings just
need repeated visits at the right time, people are easier as they
can be taken indoors. --
Neil
reverse 'ra' and delete 'l'.

You make it should simple. It is not. When I need a shot I need it
quickly and I could spend half my life waiting for the right moment
possibly having to drive to the right place (could be hours away) to
get there and find the weather changed. Whilst I enjoy taking photos
as part of what I do I also recognise when common sense must
prevail.

Ken

If those are your needs then the only reliable method is to open your
wallet wide.......
--
Neil
reverse 'ra' and delete 'l'.