Rebel XTi lens question

Old November 24th 07, 05:36 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
someguy469

Default Rebel XTi lens question

I'm in the market for a good versatile 200-300 mm lens for a Canon XTi. Any
recommendations on the canon lens vs the Sigma's. I would like to keep it
under $500.00.

TIA

Old November 24th 07, 05:49 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Yvon Travailler

"someguy469" a écrit dans le message de
I'm in the market for a good versatile 200-300 mm lens for a Canon XTi.

Any
recommendations on the canon lens vs the Sigma's. I would like to keep it
under $500.00.

Canon 70-200 F4 L USM (112mm - 320mm on your camera).

Old November 24th 07, 06:07 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Sosumi

"someguy469" wrote in message
I'm in the market for a good versatile 200-300 mm lens for a Canon XTi.
Any recommendations on the canon lens vs the Sigma's. I would like to keep
it under $500.00.

With a little help you can even fit a real Nikon lens on it!

--
"I don´t need a camera,
I have a photographic memory..."

Old November 24th 07, 06:08 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Sosumi

"Sosumi" wrote in message
"someguy469" wrote in message
I'm in the market for a good versatile 200-300 mm lens for a Canon XTi.
Any recommendations on the canon lens vs the Sigma's. I would like to
keep it under $500.00.

With a little help you can even fit a real Nikon lens on it!

BTW: you actually upgraded your camera then, by at least 80 percent ;-))

Old November 24th 07, 09:26 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Eatmorepies

"Yvon Travailler" wrote in message

"someguy469" a écrit dans le message de
I'm in the market for a good versatile 200-300 mm lens for a Canon XTi.

Any
recommendations on the canon lens vs the Sigma's. I would like to keep it
under $500.00.

Canon 70-200 F4 L USM (112mm - 320mm on your camera).

An excellent choice - go buy it.

John

Old November 24th 07, 09:51 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
EAL

Zoom or prime?

The Canon 70-300mm IS has received good review. I have one and it is
great. (But not the 70-300 DO, nor the 75-300mm.)

This lens does not have a very large max aperture, but in return it is
very light and easy to handle and carry around... and less money.

Ed

Old November 25th 07, 04:01 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
JohnR66

"Eatmorepies" wrote in message

"Yvon Travailler" wrote in message

"someguy469" a écrit dans le message de
I'm in the market for a good versatile 200-300 mm lens for a Canon XTi.

Any
recommendations on the canon lens vs the Sigma's. I would like to keep
it
under $500.00.

Canon 70-200 F4 L USM (112mm - 320mm on your camera).

An excellent choice - go buy it.

John

I'll agree to this as well.

However, I sold mine after getting the 200mm f/2.8 L prime. It is actually
smaller than the zoom, black colored to be less conspicuous. The 70-200/4
works good with teleconverters, but the prime is sharper with them. It
worked fantastic in the Smokey mountains doing compressed landscapes.

Old November 25th 07, 08:02 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Yvon Travailler[_2_]

"Sosumi" a écrit dans le message de
"someguy469" wrote in message
I'm in the market for a good versatile 200-300 mm lens for a Canon XTi.
Any recommendations on the canon lens vs the Sigma's. I would like to

keep
it under $500.00.

With a little help you can even fit a real Nikon lens on it!

why would anyone do this ? For the 5 years warranty ? Not a good reason.