d80 CUSTOM TONE CURVES

Old November 7th 07, 12:33 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
spydersweb34

Default d80 CUSTOM TONE CURVES

Greetings all.

is there are place where I can download free custom tone curves to fix
the funky midtone briteness on my Nikon D80? seems like Nikon should
be providing this to us free since it's their problem... Anyway,
anyone have some good curves to fix the problem?

Old November 7th 07, 10:59 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
spydersweb34

Thanks Rita for the reply, but your solution is difficult. I bought
the D80 in the US and now am in Africa long-term on a variety of
shoots. I don't have whatever Nikon software you're suggesting to use
and I don't even know how to get it - somehow I've managed to never
need Nikon softare, thanks to Adobe. Also, I need just one curve to
fix the problem and I would prefer not to have to learn a whole new
software just to do this. You know if someone has created these
curves already and has them online for download? Seems like this D80
problem is so ubiquitous that some kind soul out there will do the
right thing and put these out there. MErci, Thomas

On Nov 7, 10:41 pm, Rita Ä Berkowitz ritaberk2O04 @aol.com wrote:
spydersweb34 wrote:
is there are place where I can download free custom tone curves to fix
the funky midtone briteness on my Nikon D80? seems like Nikon should
be providing this to us free since it's their problem... Anyway,
anyone have some good curves to fix the problem?

Get a copy of Nikon's software and make your own custom curves and upload
them to your camera.

Rita

Old November 7th 07, 11:38 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Paul Furman

spydersweb34 wrote:
Thanks Rita for the reply, but your solution is difficult. I bought
the D80 in the US and now am in Africa long-term on a variety of
shoots. I don't have whatever Nikon software you're suggesting to use
and I don't even know how to get it - somehow I've managed to never
need Nikon softare, thanks to Adobe. Also, I need just one curve to
fix the problem and I would prefer not to have to learn a whole new
software just to do this. You know if someone has created these
curves already and has them online for download? Seems like this D80
problem is so ubiquitous that some kind soul out there will do the
right thing and put these out there. MErci, Thomas

What's the problem that needs fixing? Just curious...
This guy has a variety of curves, maybe the one you need:
http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/re...ssage=11239112

Old November 8th 07, 11:13 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Boskey

"spydersweb34" wrote in message
oups.com...
Thanks Rita for the reply, but your solution is difficult. I bought
the D80 in the US and now am in Africa long-term on a variety of
shoots. I don't have whatever Nikon software you're suggesting to use
and I don't even know how to get it - somehow I've managed to never
need Nikon softare, thanks to Adobe. Also, I need just one curve to
fix the problem and I would prefer not to have to learn a whole new
software just to do this. You know if someone has created these
curves already and has them online for download? Seems like this D80
problem is so ubiquitous that some kind soul out there will do the
right thing and put these out there. MErci, Thomas

I have read in other NG's that this is common in the D80 matrix meter. On
the Nikonian website they often refer to Thom Hogan's take on the subject.
His review is here, http://www.bythom.com/d80review.htm He did have some
curves included with his D200 eBook, perhaps he has some available in his
D80 eBook. I have tried curves on my D200 from here,
http://fotogenetic.dearingfilm.com/ They were okay, but I later did some
modifications. You will need Nikon software to load the curves into your
camera and to modify them to suit your own tastes. Camera Control Pro is
needed. It was originally part of Nikon Capture, but I don't think Capture
supports the D80.