Fake Picture?

Old December 6th 19, 02:50 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
RJH

Default Fake Picture?

This picture of Prince Andrew and a 'friend', mid-way down the page:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-50633640

is doing the rounds in the British press, with questions raised about
its authenticity.

Given that the metadata and original photo are unlikely to be available,
and the alleged photographer is now dead, is it possible to conclude
whether it's a genuine photo from that image?

--
Cheers, Rob
Old December 6th 19, 03:44 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

On Dec 6, 2019, RJH wrote
(in article ):

This picture of Prince Andrew and a 'friend', mid-way down the page:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-50633640

is doing the rounds in the British press, with questions raised about
its authenticity.

Given that the metadata and original photo are unlikely to be available,
and the alleged photographer is now dead, is it possible to conclude
whether it's a genuine photo from that image?

You need to read the entire article where the claim is made that the FBI has
had possession of the original since 2011.

It seems that this prince was a tad too fresh.

Savageduck

Old December 7th 19, 01:49 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
RJH

On 06/12/2019 15:44, Savageduck wrote:
On Dec 6, 2019, RJH wrote
(in article ):

This picture of Prince Andrew and a 'friend', mid-way down the page:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-50633640

is doing the rounds in the British press, with questions raised about
its authenticity.

Given that the metadata and original photo are unlikely to be available,
and the alleged photographer is now dead, is it possible to conclude
whether it's a genuine photo from that image?

You need to read the entire article where the claim is made that the FBI has
had possession of the original since 2011.

I didn't read that as meaning the photo was genuine. Or that the FBI was
sharing the original. Unless I've misunderstood?

It seems that this prince was a tad too fresh.

Ah OK - so it is genuine then?

--
Cheers, Rob
Old December 7th 19, 02:54 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

On Dec 6, 2019, RJH wrote
(in article ):

On 06/12/2019 15:44, Savageduck wrote:
On Dec 6, 2019, RJH wrote
(in article ):

This picture of Prince Andrew and a 'friend', mid-way down the page:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-50633640

is doing the rounds in the British press, with questions raised about
its authenticity.

Given that the metadata and original photo are unlikely to be available,
and the alleged photographer is now dead, is it possible to conclude
whether it's a genuine photo from that image?

You need to read the entire article where the claim is made that the FBI has
had possession of the original since 2011.

I didn't read that as meaning the photo was genuine. Or that the FBI was
sharing the original. Unless I've misunderstood?

Well this is just another chapter in a Royal clean up of a mess that Andrew
doesn’t seem to be able to spin his way out of. I think a pretty good
indicator of the reliability of the accusations against him, and therefore
the authenticity of that particular photo, is the lack of support he has
received from his brother Chuck. Add to that the plug being pulled on his
official Royal duties & pay check.

It seems that this prince was a tad too fresh.

Ah OK - so it is genuine then?

Who are we to doubt a teenager’s memories when it comes to dealing with a
bunch of sleaze bag adults?

Savageduck

Old December 8th 19, 07:35 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
RJH

On 07/12/2019 02:54, Savageduck wrote:
On Dec 6, 2019, RJH wrote
(in article ):

[...]

Well quite. I was wondering from a technical POV. So your answer is
'don't know', it seems.

--
Cheers, Rob
Old December 8th 19, 07:37 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
RJH

On 07/12/2019 16:21, RichA wrote:
On Friday, 6 December 2019 09:51:08 UTC-5, RJH wrote:
This picture of Prince Andrew and a 'friend', mid-way down the page:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-50633640

is doing the rounds in the British press, with questions raised about
its authenticity.

Given that the metadata and original photo are unlikely to be available,
and the alleged photographer is now dead, is it possible to conclude
whether it's a genuine photo from that image?

--
Cheers, Rob

Maybe if you knew the size of their heads.

Possibly - although the passage of time and events therein might have
caused one or other's head to swell :-)

--
Cheers, Rob
Old December 9th 19, 11:21 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

On 2019-12-08 07:35:54 +0000, RJH said:

[...]

Actually my answer is "I don't care".

Savageduck

Old December 9th 19, 05:55 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
RJH

On Monday, 9 December 2019 11:21:54 UTC, Savageduck wrote:
On 2019-12-08 07:35:54 +0000, RJH said:

[...]

Me niether and the only fact to prove is whether or not he had sex with sonmeone that was under age and that photo doesn't prove that he has or hasn;t so what does it matter.

Well me neither neither. It was more the technical art or science of
spotting a fake (any fake) that I was interested in.

--
Cheers, Rob
Old December 10th 19, 10:07 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
geoff

On 10/12/2019 2:26 am, Whisky-dave wrote:

Actually my answer is "I don't care".

Me niether and the only fact to prove is whether or not he had sex with sonmeone that was under age and that photo doesn't prove that he has or hasn;t so what does it matter.

Total sleaze-bag, yes.

But *not* under-age.

And 'trafficked' = what ? Was she kidnapped and forced to go to UK
against her will ? Looked pretty happy in the pic (which certainly looks
genuine).

geoff