Redondo Beach

Old January 21st 11, 05:42 AM posted to alt.photography,rec.photo.digital
Tony Cooper

Default Redondo Beach

On Thu, 20 Jan 2011 21:58:01 -0500, "mmyvusenet"
wrote:

Hello:

I took this photo of Redondo Beach:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/mmyv/5373746061/

Thanks for your comments about photography.

PLEASE learn to cross-post if you are going to put the same post in
two different groups. The newsgroup line should read:
alt.photography, rec.photo.digital. That's what I've done here.

This photo is a step backwards for you. The cars on the beach are of
no interest. The people are so small that they are without interest.
This is just a scene from far away that has no point of interest.

Everything of interest is in the top right third of the image, but you
are too far away to show any detail.
--
Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida
Old January 21st 11, 04:32 PM posted to alt.photography,rec.photo.digital
mmyvusenet[_2_]

m...

wrote:

Hello:

I took this photo of Redondo Beach:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/mmyv/5373746061/

Thanks for your comments about photography.

PLEASE learn to cross-post if you are going to put the same post in
two different groups. The newsgroup line should read:
alt.photography, rec.photo.digital. That's what I've done here.

This photo is a step backwards for you. The cars on the beach are of
no interest. The people are so small that they are without interest.
This is just a scene from far away that has no point of interest.

Everything of interest is in the top right third of the image, but you
are too far away to show any detail.
--
Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida

Hello Tony, thanks for your answer, a curiosity, but if I took the photo
below, in your opinion, could be a lack of respect for people who are
basking in the sun?

--
MMYV
http://www.mmyv.com

Old January 21st 11, 05:06 PM posted to alt.photography,rec.photo.digital
Tony Cooper

On Fri, 21 Jan 2011 11:32:19 -0500, "mmyvusenet"
wrote:

om...

wrote:

[...]

You have to deal with the local customs in Peru and how the people
there would deal with a photographer taking pictures of them. I
suspect, though, that you would be almost unnoticed unless you got
right up in their faces.

You don't have to take close-up photographs of people to include
people in your shots. In a beach scene, figures that are not facing
the camera can be interesting. The back of a child, for example,
playing in the sand with the waves in the background. What you do
need to do is personalize your photos by getting close enough that
every subject in the photo contributes to the image.

When you frame the photo as you take it, consider what you want the
photo to show. In this case, if you thought about it, you would not
want to show a parking lot or group of ordinary automobiles. The
scene is a beach, and the sand, the water, the waves, and the people
are what makes that type of photo interesting.

--
Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida
Old January 22nd 11, 12:41 AM posted to alt.photography,rec.photo.digital
mmyvusenet[_2_]

noticias:qq6ij69e51e4c88pf2dtjdljk8atv6g0m2@4ax. com...

wrote:

[...]

Hello Tony, thanks for your comment, I also recorded a short video of
another beach, which is mainly for those who wish to practice some surfing,
here soon I hope to make some interesting photos:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/mmyv/5376545610/

By the way, I replaced the previous photo for this one, which I think is
better appreciated the extent of the beach with fewer distractions:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/mmyv/5373746061/

Something strange of this summer, is that the sunshine, sometimes goes fast

--
MMYV
http://www.mmyv.com

Old January 27th 11, 09:27 PM posted to alt.photography,rec.photo.digital
mmyvusenet[_2_]

noticias:qq6ij69e51e4c88pf2dtjdljk8atv6g...@4ax. com...

wrote:

[...]

Miguel, if you ever happen to shoot video using a tripod, please
mention that fact when you post it here. Until then, I'm not going to
look at your videos.

Hello Otter, sometimes I take the photos on the way to work, and I find it
very difficult to carry a Tripode, but I think this video can you like
something, I think that at least by the intention to do something
interesting:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/mmyv/5392928395/

It was in a moment that quickly disappeared sunshine.

--
MMYV
http://www.mmyv.com

Old January 28th 11, 01:50 AM posted to alt.photography,rec.photo.digital
peter

wrote:

[...]

Miguel, you sound like you really want to improve your photography.

Here is a link to some helpful comments on landscape photography.
Although it is a commercial site, there is lots of good information there.

http://www.digital-photography-schoo...o-photographs?

--
Peter
Old January 31st 11, 04:15 AM posted to alt.photography,rec.photo.digital
mmyvusenet[_2_]

wrote:

[...]

Hello, thanks, I'll read carefully these recommendations.

--
MMYV
http://www.mmyv.com

Old February 1st 11, 02:43 AM posted to alt.photography,rec.photo.digital
peter

wrote:

[...]

I truly hope you take what helps from those articles. Don't follow
slavishly, but use them as a source of ideas to improve your style.

--
Peter
there is a difference between adoptive influence and copying.

Redondo Beach mmyvusenet[_2_] Digital Photography 0 January 21st 11 02:55 AM
Walnut Beach Mike Digital Photography 8 August 3rd 06 02:20 AM
what beach precaution? leo Digital Photography 5 July 7th 04 02:25 PM