[SI] In case you didn't know what "Bokeh" is

Old February 20th 06, 02:23 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm

Default [SI] In case you didn't know what "Bokeh" is

Hey hey hey, welcome to the close of Round Four of the Shoot-In! The
"Bokeh" gallery is now up at http://www.pbase.com/shootin/bokeh

Commentary is, of course, welcome and encouraged, even if you haven't
submitted.

We are also accepting flowers and cards for Bowser who, we've been
told, took some shrapnel in the face from failing to use a Leica. Further
details as they appear...

If his looks interesting to you (the Shoot-In, I mean - please don't
tell me if you get excited about gunshot wounds), you are welcome to
participate yourself. Just check out the various details at
http://www.aliasimages.com/si/rulz.html and fire, uh, photograph away!

Cheers! And get well soon, Bowser.

;-)

- Al.

--
To reply, insert dash in address to match domain below
Online photo gallery at www.wading-in.net
Old February 20th 06, 03:48 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm

"Al Denelsbeck" wrote in message
.7...

Hey hey hey, welcome to the close of Round Four of the Shoot-In! The
"Bokeh" gallery is now up at http://www.pbase.com/shootin/bokeh

Commentary is, of course, welcome and encouraged, even if you haven't
submitted.

We are also accepting flowers and cards for Bowser who, we've been
told, took some shrapnel in the face from failing to use a Leica. Further
details as they appear...

If his looks interesting to you (the Shoot-In, I mean - please don't
tell me if you get excited about gunshot wounds), you are welcome to
participate yourself. Just check out the various details at
http://www.aliasimages.com/si/rulz.html and fire, uh, photograph away!

Cheers! And get well soon, Bowser.

Reports of my death have been greatly exaggerated, as usual. Admit it: you
just want the 5D, don't you? OK, I ran out of ideas, and got my son to pose
while I laid on the kitchen floor and shot.

Hey! I just got it! Shoot-In? I have a gun in my photo! Man, I kill me.

;-)

- Al.

--
To reply, insert dash in address to match domain below
Online photo gallery at www.wading-in.net

Old February 20th 06, 04:02 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm

Kinon O'cann wrote:

"Al Denelsbeck" wrote

Hey hey hey, welcome to the close of Round Four of the Shoot-In! The
"Bokeh" gallery is now up at http://www.pbase.com/shootin/bokeh

We are also accepting flowers and cards for Bowser who, we've been
told, took some shrapnel in the face from failing to use a Leica. Further
details as they appear...

Reports of my death have been greatly exaggerated, as usual. Admit it: you
just want the 5D, don't you? OK, I ran out of ideas, and got my son to pose
while I laid on the kitchen floor and shot.

Hey! I just got it! Shoot-In? I have a gun in my photo! Man, I kill me.

What kinda lens is that at 15mm?
Old February 20th 06, 07:25 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm

Al Denelsbeck wrote:
Hey hey hey, welcome to the close of Round Four of the Shoot-In! The
"Bokeh" gallery is now up at http://www.pbase.com/shootin/bokeh

Commentary is, of course, welcome and encouraged, even if you haven't
submitted.

The photo by Chrlz* is a mind boggling application of the
assignment.

He didn't just incorporate bokeh as part of the photo, it *is*
the photo! And that's only the half of it too.

He took a picture *of* horrible bokeh, and got a great image.

Ukpeagvik (Barrow, Alaska)
Old February 20th 06, 09:06 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm

"Kinon O'cann" Yes.it's.me.Bowser wrote in
:

[...]

Well, yes, this may be true, if your relationship with your son
isn't everything you thought it was...

"Hey, dad, remember that discussion we had about no car for my
birthday...?"

- Al.

--
To reply, insert dash in address to match domain below
Online photo gallery at www.wading-in.net
Old February 20th 06, 05:54 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm

Floyd Davidson wrote:

"Bokeh" gallery is now up at http://www.pbase.com/shootin/bokeh

The photo by Chrlz* is a mind boggling application of the
assignment.

He didn't just incorporate bokeh as part of the photo, it *is*
the photo! And that's only the half of it too.

He took a picture *of* horrible bokeh, and got a great image.

Yes that's fascinating. Looks like it was shot on the planet Zorgon
during a triple eclipse or something.
Old February 20th 06, 10:07 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm

"Al Denelsbeck" wrote in message
.7...

Reports of my death have been greatly exaggerated, as usual. Admit it:
you just want the 5D, don't you? OK, I ran out of ideas, and got my
son to pose while I laid on the kitchen floor and shot.

Hey! I just got it! Shoot-In? I have a gun in my photo! Man, I kill
me.

Well, yes, this may be true, if your relationship with your son
isn't everything you thought it was...

"Hey, dad, remember that discussion we had about no car for my
birthday...?"

He's only 13, so there's no talk of a car. Yet. right now, he's into
anything that uses electrical power. Go figure. The guns are, of course,
under lock and key.

We're going skiing tomorrow. If I return safely, I'll know we're OK. Pray
for me.

I need an idea for backlit, though. Nothing has popped into my empty head
yet.

Old February 20th 06, 10:25 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm

On 20/02/2006 4:07 PM, Kinon O'Cann wrote:

I need an idea for backlit, though. Nothing has popped into my empty head
yet.

How about a self-portrait with the sun shining through the bullet-hole?
Hard to meter on a ski-slope, but you'd be a shoe-in for best shot.
Old February 20th 06, 11:30 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm

Kinon O'Cann wrote:

I need an idea for backlit, though. Nothing has popped into my empty head
yet.

Backlight your head?

-- e-meil: Remove FreeLunch.
Old February 20th 06, 11:47 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm

"Paul Furman" wrote in message
et...
Kinon O'cann wrote:

"Al Denelsbeck" wrote
Hey hey hey, welcome to the close of Round Four of the Shoot-In! The
"Bokeh" gallery is now up at http://www.pbase.com/shootin/bokeh

We are also accepting flowers and cards for Bowser who, we've been
told, took some shrapnel in the face from failing to use a Leica. Further
details as they appear...

Reports of my death have been greatly exaggerated, as usual. Admit it:
you just want the 5D, don't you? OK, I ran out of ideas, and got my son
to pose while I laid on the kitchen floor and shot.

Hey! I just got it! Shoot-In? I have a gun in my photo! Man, I kill me.

What kinda lens is that at 15mm?

Sigma 15mm 2.8 EX DG fisheye. I had to crop the original shot a little.