D100 D200 Errr message

Old December 8th 06, 02:30 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
GLB

Default D100 D200 Errr message

I have a D100 that occasionally shows an Errr message when you hit the
shutter. It doesn't actually take a picture but starts. Sounds like the
mirror locks up and then you have to hit the shutter again to clear it. Took
it in but the service guy couldn't make it do it. I stopped at Best Buy last
night and they had a D200 on display. I picked it up, hit the shutter and
bingo, same thing. Errr message, hit the shutter again and it fired and
cleared. Anyone else having these kind of issues? and if so, What is it???
Thanks

Old December 8th 06, 10:38 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Colin_D

GLB wrote:
I have a D100 that occasionally shows an Errr message when you hit the
shutter. It doesn't actually take a picture but starts. Sounds like the
mirror locks up and then you have to hit the shutter again to clear it. Took
it in but the service guy couldn't make it do it. I stopped at Best Buy last
night and they had a D200 on display. I picked it up, hit the shutter and
bingo, same thing. Errr message, hit the shutter again and it fired and
cleared. Anyone else having these kind of issues? and if so, What is it???
Thanks

Maybe you're the type of person who can't wear a watch because your body
charge sends it crazy. Are you female, or do you wear synthetic
clothing? Static charges can do mysterious things to electronic gear.

We had an office girl once whom we had to ban from the computer room
when doing statement runs. 9 times out of 10, when she swept into the
room with her voluminous taffeta skirts, the printer would go wild and
spew paper at the slew rate, totally wrecking the run. It meant
powering down the whole network, then bringing it up from a cold boot,
and starting the run again.

Colin D.

Old December 8th 06, 08:40 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Bill Funk

On Fri, 08 Dec 2006 02:30:18 GMT, "GLB" wrote:

I have a D100 that occasionally shows an Errr message when you hit the
shutter. It doesn't actually take a picture but starts. Sounds like the
mirror locks up and then you have to hit the shutter again to clear it. Took
it in but the service guy couldn't make it do it. I stopped at Best Buy last
night and they had a D200 on display. I picked it up, hit the shutter and
bingo, same thing. Errr message, hit the shutter again and it fired and
cleared. Anyone else having these kind of issues? and if so, What is it???
Thanks

What was the error message?
--
Bill Funk
replace "g" with "a"
Old December 9th 06, 04:35 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
GLB

Sorry, male, and I've had the D100 for some time with no issues. Also use
various other digital cameras and as a graphics manager I'm on the computer
all day with no issues.

"Colin_D" wrote in message
.. .

Old December 9th 06, 04:37 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
GLB

Just "Errr" on the top info window
No real message, just that. Hit the shutter again and it clears. Just sounds
like the mirror or shutter is hanging until you hit the shutter again

Old December 9th 06, 03:38 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Bill Funk

On Sat, 09 Dec 2006 04:37:25 GMT, "GLB" wrote:

Just "Errr" on the top info window
No real message, just that. Hit the shutter again and it clears. Just sounds
like the mirror or shutter is hanging until you hit the shutter again

Interesting.
Maybe, as Colin says, you're one of those people for whom things just
don't work. :-(
I will assume that the camera was aimed at something that would let
the AF work OK.
--
Bill Funk
replace "g" with "a"
Old December 9th 06, 05:02 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Patrick

On 2006-12-09 15:38:06 +0000, Bill Funk said:

Just "Errr" on the top info window
No real message, just that. Hit the shutter again and it clears. Just
sounds like the mirror or shutter is hanging until you hit the shutter
again

You don't have Mirror lock-up turned on do you??

Patrick
--
Patrick pat102345 at aim dot com

Old December 9th 06, 08:21 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
GLB

No
Occassionally get a what sounds like a gear grinding noise, like plastic
gears not meshing right

Old December 25th 06, 02:07 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
[email protected]

I just got the same problem tonight at a christmas party! error
message and the shutter opens and then like a gear grinding sound and
then nothing. I have to turn the camera off and then on (no the mirror
lock up is not on!) This happened after 100 pictures were taken with
the same settings... Undid the battery pack and rebooted... same
thing. Finally I just held down the shutter and it started to burst.
Now the message is gone.... i'm not impressed after having this camera
for a week!

FFHamilton

D100 vs. D200 AlJ Digital SLR Cameras 1 April 5th 06 10:06 PM
Nikon's D200 posted, and removed... D200, $1699 how about that... ThomasH Digital Photography 33 November 2nd 05 12:04 PM
Nikon D100 / D200 - D2x / D3x - D3 Leon Ritt Digital SLR Cameras 3 May 9th 05 05:01 PM
Rechargeable AA Batteries in MB-D100 for Nikon D100 john chapman Digital Photography 2 August 19th 04 01:58 PM
__FS: Nikon MB-D100 battery pack for Nikon D100 camera NEWS Digital Photo Equipment For Sale 0 November 13th 03 04:09 AM