Apple played digital liberal nanny-stater, now faces severallawsuits

Old December 29th 17, 12:52 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
PeterN[_7_]

Default Apple played digital liberal nanny-stater, now faces severallawsuits

On 12/28/2017 5:23 PM, RichA wrote:
https://www.dpreview.com/news/065390...one-throttling

Don't f--- with other people's property. Elon (Egomaniac) Musk will find this out as well.

It's easy to sue. Much harder to win and collect. That article didn't
imp[impress me at all. What re you trying to say

PeterN
Old December 29th 17, 02:52 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
nospam

In article ,
RichA wrote:

That doing what they did was a mistake? I don't CARE how the battery ages,
I'm more concerned about the performance of the device. Batteries (at a
price) can be replaced, poor productivity costs more.

what they did was extend the useful life of the device with fewer
interruptions due to sudden shutdown from an aging battery, a physical
property of batteries that cannot be avoided.

*lots* of products do the same or similar.
Old December 29th 17, 03:14 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Mayayana

"RichA" wrote

| That doing what they did was a mistake? I don't CARE how the battery
ages, I'm more concerned about the performance of the device. Batteries (at
a price) can be replaced, poor productivity costs more.

They exploit their customers. Then they won't
talk about it. Nothing new there. Anyone who wants to
own their device doesn't buy Apple.

Interestingly, this time they're deciding to back down.
Maybe they're scared at the shocking lack of interest
in iPhone 10. (Along with the trickle of articles pointing
out that a surprising percentage of the public is not falling
for the idiocy of computer watches.)

Whatever the case, they're now offering
to provide battery replacements at a greatly reduced
charge, in an effort to convince people that they meant
well and weren't just scamming them. Their apology
is not very convincing, given that they've aparently
refused to answer complaints for years and only now,
facing numerous lawsuits, have they admitted to slowing
down phones. That doesn't sound like a company that
meant well.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-42508300

On the other hand, the Apple fans I know are probably
not disturbed. It's their money.

Old December 29th 17, 03:21 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
nospam

In article , Mayayana
wrote:

Anyone who wants to
own their device doesn't buy Apple.

nonsense.

Interestingly, this time they're deciding to back down.
Maybe they're scared at the shocking lack of interest
in iPhone 10.

more nonsense. the iphone x (not 10) is selling *very* well.

(Along with the trickle of articles pointing
out that a surprising percentage of the public is not falling
for the idiocy of computer watches.)

even more nonsense.

http://www.businessinsider.com/how-t...ecame-the-numb
er-one-watch-in-the-world-2017-9
The company's CEO Tim Cook told attendees that the tech giant now
sells the number one watch in the world, leapfrogging Rolex in the
process. Cook also said the Watch saw stunning 50% year over year
sales growth in August.*

you must take pride in being *so* very wrong for just about everything.
Old December 29th 17, 03:34 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Mayayana

"nospam" wrote

| more nonsense. the iphone x (not 10)

Do you know what x stands for? (Hint: Roman.)

| is selling *very* well.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...ukewarm-demand

But don't worry. Once it gets down to $40 I'll buy one
to use as a camera... if they can demonstrate to me
that the camera is usable without activating the phone.

Old December 29th 17, 03:50 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
nospam

In article , Mayayana
wrote:

| more nonsense. the iphone x (not 10)

Do you know what x stands for? (Hint: Roman.)

the name of the device is iphone x, not iphone 10.

| is selling *very* well.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...iphone-x-shipm
ent-forecasts-citing-lukewarm-demand

that's nothing more than the usual analysts talking out their ass in an
attempt to manipulate the stock price for personal gain and that of
their clients.

last october, the same idiot analysts were saying the iphone 8/8+ were
a flop, that lines were short and no backlog of orders, it's not enough
of a jump over the 7 so people were opting for the 7 instead, little to
no customer excitement, blah blah blah.

at the earnings call in early november, apple stated the iphone 8/8+
were the two most popular models sold. the iphone x had not yet shipped
at that point.

it happens every quarter.

apple's next earnings call is in mid-february, where *actual* numbers
will be announced.

But don't worry. Once it gets down to $40 I'll buy one
to use as a camera...

you wouldn't use one if it was given to you for free.

if they can demonstrate to me
that the camera is usable without activating the phone.

there is *no* need to activate an iphone with cellular service.

you'll just need wifi for any connectivity (and you can also turn that
off if you prefer).

older iphones are commonly given to kids for exactly that purpose,
since the parents don't want to sign them up for their own cellphone
plan.
Old December 29th 17, 04:05 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
PeterN[_7_]

On 12/28/2017 9:34 PM, Mayayana wrote:
"nospam" wrote

| more nonsense. the iphone x (not 10)

Do you know what x stands for? (Hint: Roman.)

| is selling *very* well.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...ukewarm-demand

But don't worry. Once it gets down to $40 I'll buy one
to use as a camera... if they can demonstrate to me
that the camera is usable without activating the phone.

You and I are not Apple's target customer for watches. I suspect that
few here are, regardless of whether they own one.
Just because I own an iPhone8+ doesn't mean I am a target customer.

https://appleinccasestudy.weebly.com/apples-target-market.html

https://research-methodology.net/apple-segmentation-targeting-and-positioning/

Target customers are and should be a moving target, to stimulate growth:
https://9to5mac.com/2017/08/03/aapl-strategy-premium-mid-market-opinion/

--
PeterN
Old December 29th 17, 04:10 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
PeterN[_7_]

On 12/28/2017 9:50 PM, nospam wrote:
In article , Mayayana
wrote:

| more nonsense. the iphone x (not 10)

Do you know what x stands for? (Hint: Roman.)

the name of the device is iphone x, not iphone 10.

| is selling *very* well.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...iphone-x-shipm
ent-forecasts-citing-lukewarm-demand

that's nothing more than the usual analysts talking out their ass in an
attempt to manipulate the stock price for personal gain and that of
their clients.

last october, the same idiot analysts were saying the iphone 8/8+ were
a flop, that lines were short and no backlog of orders, it's not enough
of a jump over the 7 so people were opting for the 7 instead, little to
no customer excitement, blah blah blah.

at the earnings call in early november, apple stated the iphone 8/8+
were the two most popular models sold. the iphone x had not yet shipped
at that point.

it happens every quarter.

apple's next earnings call is in mid-february, where *actual* numbers
will be announced.

But don't worry. Once it gets down to $40 I'll buy one
to use as a camera...

you wouldn't use one if it was given to you for free.

if they can demonstrate to me
that the camera is usable without activating the phone.

there is *no* need to activate an iphone with cellular service.

you'll just need wifi for any connectivity (and you can also turn that
off if you prefer).

older iphones are commonly given to kids for exactly that purpose,
since the parents don't want to sign them up for their own cellphone
plan.

I do not disagree with much of what you say. but, back up what you say
with authenticated facts, and logic.
You really ought to distinguish fact from opinion. You would gain a lot
of respect, if you did.

--
PeterN
Old December 29th 17, 04:30 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
nospam

In article , PeterN
wrote:

But don't worry. Once it gets down to $40 I'll buy one
to use as a camera... if they can demonstrate to me
that the camera is usable without activating the phone.

You and I are not Apple's target customer for watches. I suspect that
few here are, regardless of whether they own one.

he was talking about the iphone x, not the apple watch.

Just because I own an iPhone8+ doesn't mean I am a target customer.

yet you bought one.

https://appleinccasestudy.weebly.com/apples-target-market.html

what a complete crock.

it lists young kids, teenagers, college students and adults as the
target market.

in other words, everyone.

elsewhere on the 'case study' site:
https://appleinccasestudy.weebly.com/apple-competition.html
€ Macintosh software is found only on Mac Books

i guess she is oblivious of imacs, mac minis, mac pros, as well as
older powerbooks, ibooks, powermacs, etc., some of which she even lists
elsewhere on the site.

€ touch screen

macs do not have a touch screen. only ios devices do.
the comparison is mac versus pc, so instant fail.

€ based more on graphic design and music

nonsense.

€ does not include Microsoft programs

older macs did include microsoft apps and it's trivial to install them
if not there.

€ expensive

also wrong.

however, the best part are these two gems:

€ physical materials are shipped from the same manufacturer (Intel)

processors are not called 'physical materials' and windows pcs use
intel *or* amd processors.

€ both use basic binary system

both use basic binary system??? are you ****ing kidding me?

whoever wrote this garbage is an idiot.
Old December 29th 17, 04:30 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
nospam

In article , PeterN
wrote:

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...ut-iphone-x-sh
[...]

examples of october news reports:
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...uppliers-fall-
after-report-of-lower-iphone-8-orders
The Taipei-based Economic Daily News reported Thursday that Apple cut
orders for its latest model, which went on sale last month, by more
than 50 percent. The newspaper didn¹t identify its source or
elaborate on what sort of orders had been pulled, or how it arrived
at that number.*An Apple spokeswoman declined to comment.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-a...res-drop-on-ip
hone-8-demand-worries-idUSKBN1CO1E7
(Reuters) - Apple Inc¹s shares fell nearly 3 percent on Thursday on
signs of weak demand for the iPhone 8 that caused analysts and
investors to question the company¹s staggered release strategy for
its latest phones.

Wireless carriers in the United States and Canada have reported slow
third-quarter customer upgrades. While some expect a pickup after the
iPhone X goes on sale in November, others cautioned that phone¹s high
price tag could weigh on demand.

after apple's november earnings call:
https://www.cnbc.com/2017/11/02/apple-earnings-q4-2017.html
€ Apple reported quarterly earnings on Thursday that were above
expectations, and revenue that topped estimates.
€ The iPhone 8 and iPhone 8 Plus "instantly" became Apple's top two
selling products at launch, chief executive Tim Cook said on a
conference call.
"The iPhone X orders are very strong for both direct customers and
for .... carriers throughout the world," Cook said. "The first sales
started in Australia, and I'm told we had several hundred people
waiting at the store in Sydney, and I'm getting similar reports from
across that region."

You really ought to distinguish fact from opinion. You would gain a lot
of respect, if you did.

what i said is fact.