Removing yellow eyes

Old December 24th 06, 10:50 PM posted to rec.photo.digital

Default Removing yellow eyes

I just scanned an old 35mm color slide of my dog.
The original slide show the color of the dog's eyes bright yellow
I tough that I would be able to remove these yellow eyes by using the same
thing as for red eyes.
At this time, it did not work. I wonder if it is because the original slide
or me not knowing how to remove yellow eyes?

Old December 25th 06, 05:29 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Randy Berbaum

wrote:
: I just scanned an old 35mm color slide of my dog.
: The original slide show the color of the dog's eyes bright yellow
: I tough that I would be able to remove these yellow eyes by using the
: same thing as for red eyes.
: At this time, it did not work. I wonder if it is because the original
: slide or me not knowing how to remove yellow eyes?

Most automatic red eye removal programs look for a specific color of red.
And since yellow is definately not red, they won't work for your pet
photos. Do you have a good photo editing program (like PS elements)? You
can easily manually get rid of yellow eye. First display your image as
large as you can with the window centered on the eyes. Use the "magic
wand" to select the center of the yellow. This should select all of the
yellow flare in the eye. Then either use the paint brush or fill color to
fill this selected area with black. You may need to either do a tiny bit
of hand touching or blending if the fill process leaves a slight ring
around the selected area.

The above is obviously biased to PSE as that is what I use. But other
editors can easily do the same. But the process will be different for each
editor.

JMHO

Randy

Randy Berbaum