Search for small digi camera with manual focus

Old December 20th 06, 05:22 PM posted to aus.photo,rec.photo.digital
Chris Luck

Default Search for small digi camera with manual focus

John McWilliams wrote:
Chris Luck wrote: Sorry about the line wrapping. Using Thunderbird -
must try to remember to re-wrap before sending.

No problem reading it with T-bird here, as it wraps to the size of my
window automatically...

Yes, but it can make it difficult to follow with a wide window. I'd sooner
it wrapped as here. [Assuming I've done it right this time. ]

--

The above don't work as a delimiter only because Terranews appends its
own delimiter:

I know. Drat. Not a lot I can do about that aside from finding another
provider but Teranews has good coverage and performs adequately given the
price (though it has had its ups and downs) so I'm not desperate to move.

I'll maintain the 'non-delimiter' out of habit.
Chris Luck

Old December 23rd 06, 12:14 AM posted to aus.photo,rec.photo.digital
David

Hw small do you want to go? How big is too big?
If you're after a pocket camera, try one of the Canon A series - these
advanced pocket cameras have some mighty impressive specs.
If you're happy to go a bit larger, try the Canon S3 on for size. I've been
impressed with the Canon S3.

The little Panasonics look pretty impressive too, with built in image
stabiliser.

Question though ... instead of manual focus, wouldn't pre-focusing work well
enough?

David

"Gerhard Beulke" wrote in message
om.au...
Hi,

I'm looking for a small digi camera like the Ixus800.
But it should have approximately 4 optical zoom and manual focus if
possible.
I have expensive pro gear but I can't take it with me on my bike rides.
I would like to take shots of my friend's jumps during the rides and
that's where I require the manual focus.

Any suggestions please?

Old December 23rd 06, 02:24 AM posted to aus.photo,rec.photo.digital
r m

"David" wrote in message
Hw small do you want to go? How big is too big?
If you're after a pocket camera, try one of the Canon A series - these
advanced pocket cameras have some mighty impressive specs.
If you're happy to go a bit larger, try the Canon S3 on for size. I've
been impressed with the Canon S3.

The little Panasonics look pretty impressive too, with built in image
stabiliser.

Question though ... instead of manual focus, wouldn't pre-focusing work
well enough?

My guess is that he prefers open stop with low EI ... a DOF issue
demanding greater focussing control.

Old December 25th 06, 04:49 AM posted to aus.photo,rec.photo.digital
Gerhard Beulke

In article ,
rm@hotmailDOTcom says...

"David" wrote in message
Hw small do you want to go? How big is too big?
If you're after a pocket camera, try one of the Canon A series - these
advanced pocket cameras have some mighty impressive specs.
If you're happy to go a bit larger, try the Canon S3 on for size. I've
been impressed with the Canon S3.

The little Panasonics look pretty impressive too, with built in image
stabiliser.

Question though ... instead of manual focus, wouldn't pre-focusing work
well enough?

My guess is that he prefers open stop with low EI ... a DOF issue
demanding greater focussing control.

Correct- thank you.
I'm still looking around since I can't find a really small pocket camera
which does the job.