Digital camera repair

Old July 31st 04, 04:10 AM
Tony Cooper

Default Digital camera repair

My Nikon Coolpix 3100 has decided not to turn on. The lens doesn't
open, the LCD doesn't open, no whirring, clicking or sound or sight of
life. The CRV3 battery has been replaced with a brand new one.
There's no sign of corrosion in the battery box. It's not been
dropped or immersed in water.

In the old days, on the rare occasion when a SLR would malfunction, it
was taken to a camera shop and repaired. With electronic things,
though, it seems it better to replace rather than repair. My 3100,
though, looks like it's right out of the box even though it's six or
eight months old.

Any experience with having digitals repaired? Any suggestions about
who to send them to?

Old July 31st 04, 05:59 AM
Guy Scharf

Tony Cooper wrote:

My Nikon Coolpix 3100 has decided not to turn on. The lens
doesn't open, the LCD doesn't open, no whirring, clicking or sound
or sight of life. The CRV3 battery has been replaced with a brand
new one. There's no sign of corrosion in the battery box. It's
not been dropped or immersed in water.

In the old days, on the rare occasion when a SLR would
malfunction, it was taken to a camera shop and repaired. With
electronic things, though, it seems it better to replace rather
than repair. My 3100, though, looks like it's right out of the
box even though it's six or eight months old.

Any experience with having digitals repaired? Any suggestions
about who to send them to?

How long is the warranty on the 3100? If still under warranty, send it
to Nikon for repair under warranty.

If the warranty has expired, did you buy it with a Visa or MasterCard
that includes an automatic 1 year warranty extension?

Even if no warranty available, you can call Nikon and get an estimate
on the repair cost.

Guy

Old July 31st 04, 09:09 AM
F. D. Lewis

"Tony Cooper" wrote in message
news
My Nikon Coolpix 3100 has decided not to turn on.
. . .
Any experience with having digitals repaired? Any suggestions about
who to send them to?

check the Nikon website. that will give you the directions for repair.
I've done this and Nikon is quite prompt and good at this. first they'll
give you an estimate, then you authorize repairs.

if the camera is under warranty, and at less than a year old it should be,
there's no charge.