Seeking advise on good digital camera

Old May 31st 06, 02:58 PM posted to fj.comp.dev.digital-camera,rec.photo.digital

Default Seeking advise on good digital camera

Hi I am new here. I plan to get a very good and worthy Digital camera but
there are so many brands and types out there and so I have no idea which is
best for me. Please , anyone to advise me?

I want one which allow super clear and sharp high megapixel type with large
screen behind camera so I can see what I took. Beside these I think it need
to have big memory. I'm not sure which type has removable memory SD or
something similar such that I can get a high storage Sd card or something
similar and plug in to store more picture. Need advise on this too.

Beside these I have no idea what I should expect from a very good and worth
the money digital camera. it does not need to be those professional looking
type but one with everything as auto as possible with stabilise features and
perhaps some good special effects or something.

So if anyone got idea please advise me and if possible the price of it in
Singapore dollar. I have no idea where to seek a good brand. Please don't
Spam me but just advise.

Thanks

Old May 31st 06, 04:25 PM posted to rec.photo.digital

"aNdY" wrote in message
Hi I am new here. I plan to get a very good and worthy Digital camera but
there are so many brands and types out there and so I have no idea which
is
best for me. Please , anyone to advise me?

SNIP
So if anyone got idea please advise me and if possible the price of it in
Singapore dollar. I have no idea where to seek a good brand. Please don't
Spam me but just advise.

You may want to spend some time on the Review and Camera sections of
www.dpreview.com. Lots of sample picture galleries for each camera, so you
can see what you're getting.

HTH.

Cheers,
ink

Old May 31st 06, 05:16 PM posted to fj.comp.dev.digital-camera,rec.photo.digital

aNdY wrote:
[...]

Since you want image stabilization, check the Panasonic line.
Old May 31st 06, 10:31 PM posted to fj.comp.dev.digital-camera,rec.photo.digital

"aNdY" wrote in message
Hi I am new here. I plan to get a very good and worthy Digital camera but

It's fairly obvious that you've done absolutely zero research, right?
I think you should do your own work. Google is your good and worthy friend.

Old June 1st 06, 07:40 AM posted to fj.comp.dev.digital-camera,rec.photo.digital

I did. I done that. Even use yahoo.com . Got lots of information. Too much.
All saying theirs best. So I am lost and need professional advise. If u have
none, please don't say I had not seek as I have done so for past 2 days
before I post. thanks.

Old June 1st 06, 07:41 AM posted to fj.comp.dev.digital-camera,rec.photo.digital

thanks. I check that but ... it does not tell me if their is the best and
more worthy than others. i need someone who has seek more details on this
and can provide me a detailed and best pick the best of the best for me.
There are far too many brands and model for me to consider and I am badly
lost.

Old June 1st 06, 07:44 AM posted to fj.comp.dev.digital-camera,rec.photo.digital

wow. that url is useful in the sense that it shows me yet another powerful
good digital camera. But is it best for me i can nto tell. is it available
in singapore where I am? SO many brands and model. I am so lost. SHould I
get one complex yet easy to function one for this lifetime or just a normal
simple digital camera. i am so very lost. VERY VERY lost. serious i am.

"John A. Stovall" wrote in message
On Wed, 31 May 2006 21:58:57 +0800, "aNdY"
wrote:

[...]

It's hard to beat the this one if you want super clear and sharp high
megapixels. http://www.hasselbladusa.com/

"Guard yourself from the terrible empty light of space,
the bottomless
Pool of the stars.
(Expose yourself to it: you might learn something.)"

"Quia Absurdum"
Robinson Jeffers
from "Double Axe"

Old June 1st 06, 08:31 AM posted to fj.comp.dev.digital-camera,rec.photo.digital

On Wed, 31 May 2006 22:31:36 +0100, Helen wrote:

Hi I am new here. I plan to get a very good and worthy Digital camera
but

It's fairly obvious that you've done absolutely zero research, right?

Why should he have done any? Troll, troll, troll, troll, troll!!!

Old June 1st 06, 08:31 PM posted to fj.comp.dev.digital-camera,rec.photo.digital

aNdY wrote:

Hi I am new here. I plan to get a very good and worthy Digital camera
but there are so many brands and types out there and so I have no
idea which is best for me. Please , anyone to advise me?

1. How much money are you prepared to spend?

2. What do you want to do with the pictures? Do you simply want to view
them on your computer screen or use them on a website? If so, 2 megapixels
would be enough. If you want to make prints, 3-4MP is good enough for A4.
For good A3 prints you'd need 6-8 megapixels. You don't really need more
than 8 megapixels unless you want to make huge prints or you're a
professional.

3. Do you plan to make adjustments to your photographs afterwards? If so,
get a camera that can save in RAW mode.

I want one which allow super clear and sharp high megapixel type with
large screen behind camera so I can see what I took. Beside these I
think it need to have big memory. I'm not sure which type has
removable memory SD or something similar such that I can get a high
storage Sd card or something similar and plug in to store more
picture. Need advise on this too.

All digital cameras use memory cards.

Beside these I have no idea what I should expect from a very good and
worth the money digital camera. it does not need to be those
professional looking type

Maybe it does. What about lenses? Everybody seems to be obsessed with
megapixels these days, but you need good quality lenses to get the best
results. Many digicams have poor lenses. As a simple rule of thumb, the
bigger the lens the better the quality (I don't mean length, I mean the
width of the glass). For the best quality, get a DSLR with interchangeable
lenses, if you can afford to spend that much.

but one with everything as auto as possible

Everything's got auto-everything these days...

with stabilise features

Not many cameras have that, it's usually something you get on certain
lenses, another good reason for getting a DSLR.

and perhaps some good special effects or
something.

You do that in the processing software afterwards.

Personally I'm a fan of Canon. If you want very good quality without
spending a fortune, I recommend the Canon 350D. It's an excellent quality
and value 8MP DSLR, but you'll have to buy a few extra lenses to get the
best out of it. Buy this if you're serious about quality.
http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/spec...on_eos350d.asp

If you'd prefer something a bit more modest, the Canon G6 is a very good 7MP
digicam, and you can get wide angle and telephoto adapters for it too.
http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/spec...n/canon_g6.asp

Somewhere in between those is the Minolta A2, an 8MP digicam with a very
long lens range, and it has image stabilisation.
http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/spec...a_dimagea2.asp

If you want something lightweight but still powerful, take a look at the
Panasonic LX1. It's extremely small and light, 8MP in widescreen format and
can do decent widescreen video too. Like all the above cameras it has a RAW
mode, and also the image stabilisation you'd like.
http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/spec...nic_dmclx1.asp

Also take a look at the Sony DSC-R1, a very good quality 10MP digicam which
has DSLR quality (due to the large sensor) and an excellent quality lens.
http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/spec...sony_dscr1.asp

That lot should get you started.

Paul

Old June 2nd 06, 07:04 AM posted to fj.comp.dev.digital-camera,rec.photo.digital

"aNdY" wrote in message
Hi I am new here. I plan to get a very good and worthy Digital camera but
there are so many brands and types out there and so I have no idea which
is
best for me. Please , anyone to advise me?

Here is a very nice side-by-side comparison site for digital cameras:

http://photo.askey.net/reviews/sidebyside.asp

Check out the Casio Exilim EX-Z750 or EX-Z850 and compare the specs with
other models if you like. The above URL is a beautiful tool so that you
don't miss anything.
I am going for the EX-Z850 since a friend has it. It can use SC cards (2 GB,
normal and miniSD card), can produce video clips in MPEG4 format for up to 2
hours, etc.
Video clips taken at dim light conditions are great and sharp, and the audio
quality is great too.