Snapfish skin tones

Old April 15th 10, 06:35 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
D.M. Procida

Default Snapfish skin tones

I've just had some photos back from Snapfish (in the UK), and I'm quite
disappointed with the colour rendition.

In most of the pictures - which were taken with three different cameras
of different brands, over a period of several years - skin tones are
really horrible. People look like they are made out of plastic, like
shop dummies.

Is this normal, or have I just been unlucky (or hypercritical)?

Daniele
Old April 15th 10, 11:35 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
John McWilliams

D.M. Procida wrote:
I've just had some photos back from Snapfish (in the UK), and I'm quite
disappointed with the colour rendition.

In most of the pictures - which were taken with three different cameras
of different brands, over a period of several years - skin tones are
really horrible. People look like they are made out of plastic, like
shop dummies.

Is this normal, or have I just been unlucky (or hypercritical)?

Doesn't sound normal. However, specifics are needed, as to camera and
media type, and examples. If you post them on a web site and link to it
here in response, we'll have a place to start.

--
john mcwilliams
Old April 16th 10, 05:54 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Ray Fischer

D.M. Procida wrote:
I've just had some photos back from Snapfish (in the UK), and I'm quite
disappointed with the colour rendition.

In most of the pictures - which were taken with three different cameras
of different brands, over a period of several years - skin tones are
really horrible. People look like they are made out of plastic, like
shop dummies.

Is this normal, or have I just been unlucky (or hypercritical)?

Dunno. Pretty much every lab screws up on occasion. And pretty much
every reputable lab will try to make it right when they do screw up.

--
Ray Fischer