D80 questions.

Old April 16th 08, 04:28 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
nospam

Default D80 questions.

In article IraNj.182926$pM4.116764@pd7urf1no, Robert Brace
wrote:

Not having used either on the D80, I suspect the corded one has the
potential to transmit movement to the camera, while the IR could be
inconvenient because of positioning.

how would the cord transmit movement to the camera??
Old April 16th 08, 05:43 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Paul Furman

wrote:

Not having used either on the D80, I suspect the corded one has the
potential to transmit movement to the camera, while the IR could be
inconvenient because of positioning.

how would the cord transmit movement to the camera??

The new cords are electric not plunger air pressure bulbs like the old days.
Old April 16th 08, 05:58 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Jürgen Exner

wrote:

Not having used either on the D80, I suspect the corded one has the
potential to transmit movement to the camera, while the IR could be
inconvenient because of positioning.

how would the cord transmit movement to the camera??

It's a physical connection, therefore there is chance that you might
yank the cable and thus the camera when pressing the button.
Not likely but not completely impossible, either.

jue
Old April 16th 08, 06:13 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
nospam

In article , Paul Furman
wrote:

how would the cord transmit movement to the camera??

The new cords are electric not plunger air pressure bulbs like the old days.

right, and how is that going to move the camera? if anything, it's less
likely to cause a problem.
Old April 16th 08, 06:13 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
nospam

In article , Jürgen Exner
wrote:

Not having used either on the D80, I suspect the corded one has the
potential to transmit movement to the camera, while the IR could be
inconvenient because of positioning.

how would the cord transmit movement to the camera??

It's a physical connection, therefore there is chance that you might
yank the cable and thus the camera when pressing the button.
Not likely but not completely impossible, either.

and you could also trip and fall while using the wireless remote,
crashing into the camera. it's also arguably more likely to happen
since one often has to reach over the camera to point the remote at the
front of the camera, possibly becoming off balance.
Old April 16th 08, 08:09 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Robert Brace

wrote:

Not having used either on the D80, I suspect the corded one has the
potential to transmit movement to the camera, while the IR could be
inconvenient because of positioning.

how would the cord transmit movement to the camera??

It's a physical connection, therefore there is chance that you might
yank the cable and thus the camera when pressing the button.
Not likely but not completely impossible, either.

jue

It is, in fact, very likely!
I use the D2 series' electrical release (10-pin type) frequently and if you
don't take precautions against things as simple as the cord swinging, you
will see the results in extreme macro shots. Mirror lock-up is standard
usage also in this type of shooting.
If it is there in extreme macro, it's there in normal usage, just not as
visible.
Bob

Old April 17th 08, 12:57 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Chris Malcolm[_2_]

Robert Brace wrote:

wrote:

Not having used either on the D80, I suspect the corded one has the
potential to transmit movement to the camera, while the IR could be
inconvenient because of positioning.

how would the cord transmit movement to the camera??

It's a physical connection, therefore there is chance that you might
yank the cable and thus the camera when pressing the button.
Not likely but not completely impossible, either.

It is, in fact, very likely!
I use the D2 series' electrical release (10-pin type) frequently and if you
don't take precautions against things as simple as the cord swinging, you
will see the results in extreme macro shots. Mirror lock-up is standard
usage also in this type of shooting.
If it is there in extreme macro, it's there in normal usage, just not as
visible.

I do notice such effects in normal usage when I'm trying for critical
sharpness. What is it about extreme macro (which I haven't played
with) that makes it more noticeable there?

--
Chris Malcolm DoD #205
[