Abuse and intimidation of London photographer

Old March 27th 08, 01:40 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
Welcome To The Gulag

Default Abuse and intimidation of London photographer

This is scary stuff - seriously, what has happened to a once proud and free
nation?

http://theonlinephotographer.typepad...nt-pictur.html

[click to play video]

Old March 27th 08, 04:36 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
John Ferguson

Welcome To The Gulag wrote:
This is scary stuff - seriously, what has happened to a once proud and free
nation?

http://theonlinephotographer.typepad...nt-pictur.html

[click to play video]

I reckon I'll avoid London if I ever get to GB.
Old March 27th 08, 05:04 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
Alfred Molon[_4_]

In article , John Ferguson
says...

I reckon I'll avoid London if I ever get to GB.

Same here - if this is how they treat you in the UK.
--

Alfred Molon
Old March 27th 08, 05:21 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
C J Campbell

On 2008-03-27 06:40:52 -0700, "Welcome To The Gulag" said:

This is scary stuff - seriously, what has happened to a once proud and free
nation?

http://theonlinephotographer.typepad...nt-pictur.html

[click

to play video]

At WPPI in Las Vegas last week Dennis Orchard related a story about a
fellow London wedding photographer. Apparently the photographer was
posing the bride and attempting to turn her shoulders to an angle
toward the camera when he accidentally brushed one of her breasts. He
was charged with sexual assault, served six months in prison, and was
placed on a dangerous sexual offenders list for 10 years. He is to have
no contact with children under 18, meaning that his child portrait
business is destroyed.

If these stories are true, I would avoid visiting Great Britain until
the country re-establishes fundamental human rights.
--
Waddling Eagle
World Famous Flight Instructor

Old March 27th 08, 05:26 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
Chris Savage

On 2008-03-27, Alfred Molon wrote:
In article , John Ferguson
says...

I reckon I'll avoid London if I ever get to GB.

Same here - if this is how they treat you in the UK.

Lived here all my life. Never been treated that way, even in London. But
I only go there if I absolutely have to. Awful place, surrounded by a
shell of even-more-awful places.

I find a great way to avoid attention when photographing in public
places is to wear a hi-viz jacket just like those two pretendy-plods in
the video.

--
Chris Savage Kiss me. Or would you rather live in a
Gateshead, UK land where the soap won't lather?
Old March 27th 08, 05:46 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
MellowFellow

At WPPI in Las Vegas last week Dennis Orchard related a story about a
fellow London wedding photographer. Apparently the photographer was
posing the bride and attempting to turn her shoulders to an angle toward
the camera when he accidentally brushed one of her breasts. He was
charged with sexual assault, served six months in prison, and was placed
on a dangerous sexual offenders list for 10 years. He is to have no
contact with children under 18, meaning that his child portrait business
is destroyed.

No professional photographer EVER touches the model. Voice direction only
Old March 27th 08, 07:42 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
Ben Brugman

"MellowFellow" schreef in bericht

At WPPI in Las Vegas last week Dennis Orchard related a story about a
fellow London wedding photographer. Apparently the photographer was
posing the bride and attempting to turn her shoulders to an angle toward
the camera when he accidentally brushed one of her breasts. He was
charged with sexual assault, served six months in prison, and was placed
on a dangerous sexual offenders list for 10 years. He is to have no
contact with children under 18, meaning that his child portrait business
is destroyed.

No professional photographer EVER touches the model. Voice direction only

I have seen load of professional photographers touching the models.
So the above statement is clearly false.

By professional photographer, I mean a person who is making his or her
living by taking photographs and selling them, or offering his photographic
skills. E.g.:Taking baby pictures (like they do in malls) does require the
handling of the baby's.

Maybe your definition of professional photographer does exclude people who
touch models, but I think then you have a very flawed definition.

ben brugman

Old March 27th 08, 08:52 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
C J Campbell

Old March 27th 08, 09:29 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
irwell

On Thu, 27 Mar 2008 10:21:36 -0700, C J Campbell

On 2008-03-27 06:40:52 -0700, "Welcome To The Gulag" said:

[...]

Do not accidently touch the On switch of your P&S in your
pants pocket, that lens extension could cost you.