What color laser printer is easily & cheaply refilled at homefrom non OEM toner?

Old August 21st 12, 12:12 AM posted to alt.home.repair,comp.periphs.printers,rec.photo.digital
SMS

Default What color laser printer is easily & cheaply refilled at homefrom non OEM toner?

On 8/20/2012 3:22 PM, J.G. wrote:

Why is finding a decent printer to print photos at home at a decent
price such a miserable process?

Around here it costs 9-15¢ to have a 4x6 photo printed on a Noritsu
commercial photo printer. If I send it to Walgreen's or CVS then usually
by the time I walk there, in ten minutes, the photo is ready. For large
prints Costco is the best deal.

By the time you buy photo paper and ink or toner it would be unlikely
for it to cost less to do it yourself, and of course the results would
not be nearly as good.

So I think the reason why it's so hard is that a decent photo printer
isn't cheap to manufacture or maintain and the wide availability of
photo printing service have eliminated the demand.

Old August 21st 12, 12:52 AM posted to alt.home.repair,comp.periphs.printers,rec.photo.digital
PeterN

On 8/20/2012 7:12 PM, SMS wrote:
On 8/20/2012 3:22 PM, J.G. wrote:

Why is finding a decent printer to print photos at home at a decent
price such a miserable process?

Around here it costs 9-15¢ to have a 4x6 photo printed on a Noritsu
commercial photo printer. If I send it to Walgreen's or CVS then usually
by the time I walk there, in ten minutes, the photo is ready. For large
prints Costco is the best deal.

By the time you buy photo paper and ink or toner it would be unlikely
for it to cost less to do it yourself, and of course the results would
not be nearly as good.

I use Costco for all prints. I think there quality is usually very good
= excellent, provided I use the ICC profile for the machine I am using.
I also did a cost analysis and it is slightly less expensive to do my
own printing, provided I don't factor in the mistakes. Once I factor
those in, Costco is much less expensive.

--
Peter