Green Goerz ango deluxe

Old August 28th 04, 06:51 AM
Jani

Default Green Goerz ango deluxe

Hi!

How common was this camera? Any idea of it's value?

Jani

Old August 31st 04, 02:04 PM
Jani

Hi!

I know that the Ango and the Anschutz were quite common press cameras at
the time, but I've never heard of this deluxe version before.
It's very beautifully made with green diamond pattern embossed leather in
the body and the bellows and reinforced corners etc. and a case with green
velvet inside.

Jani

"Richard Knoppow" kirjoitti viestissä

"Jani" janierik wrote in message
Hi!

How common was this camera? Any idea of it's value?

Jani

I can't really give you value or degree of rarity. The
Ango is a camera made by Goerz orignally sold as the
Anschutz. Ango is a contraction of ANschutz-GOerz. According
to McKeown's Guide, the name Ango was adopted around 1905
after the introduction of a new type self-capping focal
plane shutter. McKeown states that the Ango, and the simpler
Anschutz, were made for some 30 years. The cameras came with
a very wide variety of lenses.
Goerz was merged with the Zeiss-Ikon combination in 1926.
Zeiss-Ikon continued some Goerz models.
I suggest checking the current edition of McKeown's Guide
for any possible additions to this information. It is
extremely difficult to estimate the value of something like
this. If there is no record of sales its strictly a guess.
The old rule is that something is worth exactly what someone
is willing to pay for it.

--
---
Richard Knoppow