POLAROID Question: Converting OneStep (SX-70) flash contacts to PC sync

Old January 4th 05, 08:35 PM
hassy_user

Default POLAROID Question: Converting OneStep (SX-70) flash contacts to PC sync

Does anyone know of a commercially available converter from the
flashbar contacts to a standard PC cord, so the camera could be used
with studio lighting? I am talking about the OneStep model that takes
SX70 and is white with the green and red stripes in the middle. Thanks
in advance.

Old January 4th 05, 09:36 PM
Nick Zentena

hassy_user wrote:
Does anyone know of a commercially available converter from the
flashbar contacts to a standard PC cord, so the camera could be used
with studio lighting? I am talking about the OneStep model that takes
SX70 and is white with the green and red stripes in the middle. Thanks
in advance.

Paramount is likely you're best bet. They'll make almost anything.

http://www.paramountcords.com/Custom.asp

Nick

Old January 5th 05, 06:43 PM
hassy_user

Thanks Nick. That was a good idea, but unfortunately they don't have
Polaroid tips listed as a custom option. I will email them anyway to
see if they can put something together.

Old January 6th 05, 06:16 AM
nospam

In article . com,
hassy_user wrote:

Thanks Nick. That was a good idea, but unfortunately they don't have
Polaroid tips listed as a custom option. I will email them anyway to
see if they can put something together.

did they make an electronic flash for that camera or was it just
flashbulbs?

if they didn't you will need to deal with the flash sync difference
between a flash bulb and electronic flash. that is going to be a little
trickier than finding just a cable...

Old January 6th 05, 03:12 PM
hassy_user

I think that's why it's so hard to find. I've seen pics of the adapter
online, but no one has any for sale. The SX-70/OneStep/Pronto cameras
use either flash bars or a Polatronic flash (aftermarket electronic
flashes also available). I just bought a Polatronic on ebay, and can
use that to slave my Lumedynes, but the adapter would be simpler.

Old January 24th 05, 06:31 PM
Mike King

I think you'll need more that just a flash cord. Since you are going from a
flash bulb to an electronic flash you'll need a delay, else the electronic
flash will fire while the shutter is still opening and get underexposure.
Google it someone has made something similar, maybe even Polaroid.

http://www.chemie.unibas.ch/~holder/SX_adapter.html

not very informative but a start

try this: http://www.chemie.unibas.ch/~holder/flashbar.html

same guy but more general http://www.chemie.unibas.ch/~holder/SX70.html