Wet photography is really dying

Old January 8th 09, 11:58 PM posted to rec.photo.darkroom
David Nebenzahl

Default Wet photography is really dying

On 1/8/2009 1:47 PM Joe Bramblett, KD5NRH spake thus:

David Nebenzahl wrote in
s.com:

On 5/8/2008 8:16 PM Ken Hart spake thus:

"David Nebenzahl" wrote in message
s.com...

Another depressing data point: today I saw an Omega enlarger put out
on the curb on my way home. (A little 35mm one.) Nearly complete.

You picked it up, didn't you?
There's still a few people buying them on eBay.

Nah, they're practically worthless. I see them at my favorite
recycled-goods store in Berkeley (Urban Ore) all the time.

Geez, I need to come to your neighborhood for a day or two. Heck, I'd have
at least paid shipping on that one.

Over the last month there've been *2* 4x5 Beselers, pretty complete,
along with other enlargers (and parts thereof). Yesterday I ran across a
Beseler universal color head. Stuff like that comes in there all the time.

- Paulo Freire
Old January 9th 09, 01:20 AM posted to rec.photo.darkroom
John J

Joe Bramblett, KD5NRH wrote:
David Nebenzahl wrote in
s.com:

On 5/8/2008 8:16 PM Ken Hart spake thus:

"David Nebenzahl" wrote in message
s.com...

Another depressing data point: today I saw an Omega enlarger put out
on the curb on my way home. (A little 35mm one.) Nearly complete.
You picked it up, didn't you?
There's still a few people buying them on eBay.

Nah, they're practically worthless. I see them at my favorite
recycled-goods store in Berkeley (Urban Ore) all the time.

Geez, I need to come to your neighborhood for a day or two. Heck, I'd have
at least paid shipping on that one.

I got the 8x10" Saltzman the same way. It does not mean the craft is
dying. It only means a another large part of the Bell Curve has been
harvested away.

Enjoy.

Old January 9th 09, 01:21 AM posted to rec.photo.darkroom
John J

David Nebenzahl wrote:
[...]

Old first-edition books are going the same way. Stay alert. Take 'em all.

Is CF a Dying Format? Jim Redelfs Digital SLR Cameras 162 January 21st 07 06:35 PM
Dying FT2 -- Cost? Desdinova 35mm Photo Equipment 12 September 19th 06 04:11 PM
10D dying? Mike Digital Photography 14 December 23rd 05 01:52 PM
Leica Dying [email protected] 35mm Photo Equipment 105 March 5th 05 09:05 PM
Contax is Dying [email protected] 35mm Photo Equipment 2 March 5th 05 05:13 AM