Beginning amateur SLR - Canon Rebel

Old September 9th 04, 12:50 AM
Kapsee

Default Beginning amateur SLR - Canon Rebel

I am thinking of buying my first SLR camera. I was thinking of starting out
with Canon Rebel Ti with a 28-105mm lens. Any suggestions/comments ?

Any opinions about the new Rebel T2 (this seems to be $50 more expensive
than Ti) ? Is it worth it ?

Thanks!

Old September 9th 04, 04:33 AM
Tony

Pretty good combination.

--
http://www.chapelhillnoir.com
home of The Camera-ist's Manifesto

Old September 9th 04, 06:17 AM
Skip M

"Kapsee" wrote in message
I am thinking of buying my first SLR camera. I was thinking of starting

out
with Canon Rebel Ti with a 28-105mm lens. Any suggestions/comments ?

Any opinions about the new Rebel T2 (this seems to be $50 more expensive
than Ti) ? Is it worth it ?

Thanks!

Avoid the 28-105 f4.5-5.6 in favor of the 28-105 f3.5-4.5, a much better
lens.

--
Skip Middleton
http://www.shadowcatcherimagery.com

Old September 9th 04, 08:07 AM
John Doe

"Kapsee" wrote in message ...
I am thinking of buying my first SLR camera. I was thinking of starting out
with Canon Rebel Ti with a 28-105mm lens. Any suggestions/comments ?

Also look at the Minolta Maxxum 5 and 70. The Maxxum 5 is the older
model and is available very cheap. And unlike the Canon all features
work in all modes. I already bought a Rebel Ti and gifted it to my
father. Now I am looking to buy a Minolta Maxxum 5 or maybe the 70.

HTH,

Siddhartha

Old September 9th 04, 11:38 AM
Joseph Meehan

Kapsee wrote:
I am thinking of buying my first SLR camera. I was thinking of starting
out
with Canon Rebel Ti with a 28-105mm lens. Any suggestions/comments ?

Any opinions about the new Rebel T2 (this seems to be $50 more expensive
than Ti) ? Is it worth it ?

Thanks!

Your choice is a good all around choice.

What are your plans for photography? If you have some special type of
photography in mind, there may be better choices.

--
Joseph E. Meehan

26 + 6 = 1 It's Irish Math