Sometimes stupid loses

Old April 30th 11, 12:29 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Bill Graham

Default Sometimes stupid loses

PeterN wrote:
On 4/29/2011 3:09 AM, Bill Graham wrote:
PeterN wrote:
On 4/27/2011 5:29 PM, Bill Graham wrote:
PeterN wrote:
On 4/26/2011 7:14 PM, Bill Graham wrote:
John A. wrote:

capitalism during the 19th century and into part of the 20th.

That's what we have now. Turns out when a lot of them go out of
business and all you're left with is one or two for-profit
insurance companies serving an area the prices don't exactly go
down.

But there are hundreds of insurance companies. Unfortunately, I
can't have access to them. that's another thing the lobbyists
have done. Gotten congress to let them divvy up the territory in
restraint of trade. If Obama's plan had any real teeth to it,
this kind of crap would stop.

History & civics lesson.

From the formation of our country the business of insurance
companies has been regulated by the states. I am referring to rate
making; claims payment policies; reserves and contract
procurement.

Well then, tell me why one has to pay 80% of a premium for
liability insurance on vehicles that are parked in his garage and
can't be driven, because he is already driving one on the road,
and he isn't a circus performer who can drive more than one
vehicle at a time? And, because there is a law that says he has to
buy liability insurance, and there is no competition among the
insurers he must deal with. - All the states have this problem. It
is universal. At one time, when I was the only driver in my
family, I had two motorcycles, and car and a pickup truck. I was
paying 100% of a liability premium for the car, and 80% of a
premium for each of the other three vehicles. that's 340% for a
policy when I could only be on the road in one vehicle at a time,
so the other three were safely parked in my garage with no
possibility of being started up and going out and getting in an
accident on their own. I lived with this situation all of my
driving life unti8l I retired and gave up motorcycling. Today, I
have two vehicles and a wife who drives, so I am no longer being
screwed by insurance companies (with the help of the state.)

If you formed NAASIUM, National Association Against State Insurance
Underwriting Marketing, you could right this terrible injustice.

Why isn't everyone a member? I don't know anyone who doesn't have
more vehicles than there are drivers in his/her family. The insurance
companies should be charging like 20% of a premium for these extra
vehicles, and not 80%. This amounts to billions of dollars in every
state that the insurers are ripping off of the public. It is a very
big deal....

Because you haven't formed it yet.

Its too late for me to form it. I am 75, and no longer ride motorcycles or
own a pick up truck. There are only two cars in my family, and two drivers
to go with them. But I sure could have used such an organization most of my
life. Unfortunately, the insurance company lobbies would have gotten it
disbanded, I'm afraid. Our government reps are such crooks.