20D NAILS IT!

Old August 30th 06, 05:46 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Annika1980

Default 20D NAILS IT!

You can always count on the 20D to nail the shot!

http://www.pbase.com/bret/image/65953942
http://www.pbase.com/bret/image/65953988

Old August 30th 06, 08:28 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Gerrit 't Hart

"Annika1980" wrote in message
ps.com...
You can always count on the 20D to nail the shot!

http://www.pbase.com/bret/image/65953942
http://www.pbase.com/bret/image/65953988

Why the sudden plethora of long-necked birds?
And why couldn't a different camera have got a similar (if not better) shot?

Gerrit

Old August 30th 06, 01:54 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Annika1980

Gerrit 't Hart wrote:

http://www.pbase.com/bret/image/65953942
http://www.pbase.com/bret/image/65953988

Why the sudden plethora of long-necked birds?

I don't shoot all long-necked birds .... just the ones with spikes
through their throats.

And why couldn't a different camera have got a similar (if not better) shot?

Don't know. I've never seen shots of long-necked birds with spikes
thorugh their throats taken with better cameras.

Old August 30th 06, 02:33 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Jer

Joan wrote:
Is anyone doing anything about the spike?

I don't think so, likely for the same reason nobody is doing anything
about the shrapnel lodged in my neck - it causes no additional harm to
leave it alone, but is likely very harmful to remove it.

--
jer
email reply - I am not a 'ten'
Old August 30th 06, 03:49 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Annika1980

Joan wrote:
Is anyone doing anything about the spike?

No.

There are two options that have been considered.

1. Leave the bird alone and let nature take it's course. The spike
doesn't seem to bother the bird at all, and it should eventually work
it's way out on it's own.

2. Try to capture the bird and remove the spike. This would prove
quite difficult and would probably traumatize the bird as well as
possibly seriously wounding it further in the attempt. How would one
catch a wild bird, anyway? I suppose they'd have to shoot it with a
tranquilizer gun, but then they'd have to hope the bird didn't fly up
in a tree where it could fall to it's death or where it would be
difficult to retrieve.

I suppose if I had the time and lotsa little fish, I could eventually
train Spike to come to me like I did Harry the Hawk.

http://www.pbase.com/bret/image/61262554

Old August 30th 06, 10:23 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
JimKramer

Annika1980 wrote:
Gerrit 't Hart wrote:

http://www.pbase.com/bret/image/65953942
http://www.pbase.com/bret/image/65953988

Why the sudden plethora of long-necked birds?

I don't shoot all long-necked birds .... just the ones with spikes
through their throats.

And why couldn't a different camera have got a similar (if not better) shot?

Don't know. I've never seen shots of long-necked birds with spikes
thorugh their throats taken with better cameras.

How about a shortneck bird with a starfish leg through its throat, same
camera, better lens?

http://www.jlkramer.net/Pictures/seafish.htm

Jim

Old August 30th 06, 11:09 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
JimKramer

gre wrote:
JimKramer wrote:
Annika1980 wrote:
Gerrit 't Hart wrote:
http://www.pbase.com/bret/image/65953942
http://www.pbase.com/bret/image/65953988

Why the sudden plethora of long-necked birds?
I don't shoot all long-necked birds .... just the ones with spikes
through their throats.

And why couldn't a different camera have got a similar (if not better) shot?
Don't know. I've never seen shots of long-necked birds with spikes
thorugh their throats taken with better cameras.

How about a shortneck bird with a starfish leg through its throat, same
camera, better lens?

http://www.jlkramer.net/Pictures/seafish.htm

Jim

how did you put the spike through its throat????

They both did it to themselves:
The heron probably mistook the shiny nail as a fish.
The seagull was just in too much of a hurry to eat.

Jim

Old August 31st 06, 12:19 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Bill K

Annika1980 wrote:
You can always count on the 20D to nail the shot!

http://www.pbase.com/bret/image/65953942
http://www.pbase.com/bret/image/65953988

I respectfully submit that it's the person behind the camera who nailed
it as opposed to the camera. Well done and thanks for sharing. I guess
I'm going to have to get up early some morning and sit out on the dock
to catch with resident Great Blue Heron with the D200.
Cheers
--
Bill in Lake Charles LA USA

Old August 31st 06, 03:54 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Cynicor

JimKramer wrote:
Annika1980 wrote:
Gerrit 't Hart wrote:
http://www.pbase.com/bret/image/65953942
http://www.pbase.com/bret/image/65953988

Why the sudden plethora of long-necked birds?

I don't shoot all long-necked birds .... just the ones with spikes
through their throats.

And why couldn't a different camera have got a similar (if not better) shot?

Don't know. I've never seen shots of long-necked birds with spikes
thorugh their throats taken with better cameras.

How about a shortneck bird with a starfish leg through its throat, same
camera, better lens?

http://www.jlkramer.net/Pictures/seafish.htm

Needs a thought bubble. "I feel like SUCH a tool."