SanDisk Extreme?

Old December 12th 04, 12:13 PM
SleeperMan

Default SanDisk Extreme?

Can someone says anything (good) of these CF cards? I've heard a lot of bad
things about Sandisk cards, however Extreme serie should be for pro's, and
as such of better quality.
Also i wonder if a price of about 180USD for 1G CF card (that would be
Extreme III) is OK to buy (in Europe).
THX

Old December 12th 04, 12:34 PM
YoYo

I have been using sandisk for over a year and have never had a problem
(yet). I have extreme and ultra II and both types are excellent as far as
durability. One even was dropped into a lake but still works today.

Old December 12th 04, 12:37 PM
ex cathedra

"SleeperMan" wrote in message
Can someone says anything (good) of these CF cards? I've heard a lot of
bad things about Sandisk cards, however Extreme serie should be for pro's,
and as such of better quality.
Also i wonder if a price of about 180USD for 1G CF card (that would be
Extreme III) is OK to buy (in Europe).
THX

Yup, you're right. A big company who is a major player in the industry
knowingly and deliberately manufactures and distributes bad product.

I'd be really careful about jamming one of those babies in my camera. Hell,
it may explode, destroy your camera and damage your brain (even further).

Old December 12th 04, 12:43 PM
SleeperMan

ex cathedra wrote:
"SleeperMan" wrote in message
Can someone says anything (good) of these CF cards? I've heard a lot
of bad things about Sandisk cards, however Extreme serie should be
for pro's, and as such of better quality.
Also i wonder if a price of about 180USD for 1G CF card (that would
be Extreme III) is OK to buy (in Europe).
THX

Yup, you're right. A big company who is a major player in the industry
knowingly and deliberately manufactures and distributes bad product.

I'd be really careful about jamming one of those babies in my camera.
Hell, it may explode, destroy your camera and damage your brain (even
further).

sure...i'm being paranoid..
i guess all cards DO die sometimes...i just (sometimes) wonder, why Sandisk
cards are so much cheaper than others - like i have APACER Ultra steno pro
256M and i paid exactly twice as cost of sanDisk was...
I fear most if i loose all photos in (sure, as always) most undesirable
moment...
But, since these are PRO versions, i just might give it a shot...
BTW - what about the price? is it comparable, cheap or expensive?

Old December 12th 04, 12:56 PM
SleeperMan

YoYo wrote:
I have been using sandisk for over a year and have never had a problem
(yet). I have extreme and ultra II and both types are excellent as
far as durability. One even was dropped into a lake but still works
today.

haha...i never water-tested mine(yet)...but since in my Canon S1 i can shoot
short video clips in (pretty)high quality, current 256M is just too small,
since i can squeeze only good 2 minutes of video on it. So, 1G will be quite
an improvement with over 8 minutes of video. For still shots current 256M
will still be quite OK.