Britain as a police state: What is happening there?

Old December 11th 09, 04:19 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
Ray Fischer

Default Britain as a police state: What is happening there?

RichA wrote:
I can't help but wonder if there isn't something happening in Britain
that would result is an almost daily occurrence of police arresting,
or hassling photographers? Has there actually been an uptick in
terrorist threats, and they simply aren't telling the public about
them?

I thought that rightards LIKE it when the government goes after
terrorists.

--
Ray Fischer

Old December 12th 09, 02:56 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
Ray Fischer

RichA wrote:
Ray Fischer wrote:
RichA wrote:
I can't help but wonder if there isn't something happening in Britain
that would result is an almost daily occurrence of police arresting,
or hassling photographers? Has there actually been an uptick in
terrorist threats, and they simply aren't telling the public about
them?

I thought that rightards LIKE it when the government goes after
terrorists.

Most sane people do. But not innocent people.

And who are the guilty ones? Just the Muslims?

--
Ray Fischer

Old December 15th 09, 01:12 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
whisky-dave

"Ray Fischer" wrote in message
RichA wrote:
Ray Fischer wrote:
RichA wrote:
I can't help but wonder if there isn't something happening in Britain
that would result is an almost daily occurrence of police arresting,
or hassling photographers? Has there actually been an uptick in
terrorist threats, and they simply aren't telling the public about
them?

I thought that rightards LIKE it when the government goes after
terrorists.

Most sane people do. But not innocent people.

And who are the guilty ones? Just the Muslims?

It does seem that way, who was quilty of the 9/11 attacks, just Muslims
or is someone else to blame ?

Old December 15th 09, 01:30 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
Chris H

In message hg81vm$v5$1@qmul, whisky-dave
writes

RichA wrote:
Ray Fischer wrote:
RichA wrote:
I can't help but wonder if there isn't something happening in Britain
that would result is an almost daily occurrence of police arresting,
or hassling photographers? Has there actually been an uptick in
terrorist threats, and they simply aren't telling the public about
them?

I thought that rightards LIKE it when the government goes after
terrorists.

Most sane people do. But not innocent people.

And who are the guilty ones? Just the Muslims?

It does seem that way, who was quilty of the 9/11 attacks, just Muslims
or is someone else to blame ?

Remember that 9/11 was the third retaliation attack for other
atrocities. It seems some one had been targeting Muslims for some time
and they decided to strike back.

I note that when 20 US trained Saudis attacked the US the US then had a
"Crusade" against Afghanistan.

More important was the legitimate government of Afghanistan offered to
send Osama Bin Laden to the US *IF* the USA could show the standard
level of evidence required for normal extradition (even though the US
refused to recognise the legitimate government of Afghanistan)

The problem was that the US could not and still can not provide any
evidence that would stand up in court.

Old December 15th 09, 01:54 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
Bowser

RichA wrote:
Ray Fischer wrote:
RichA wrote:
I can't help but wonder if there isn't something happening in Britain
that would result is an almost daily occurrence of police arresting,
or hassling photographers? Has there actually been an uptick in
terrorist threats, and they simply aren't telling the public about
them?

I thought that rightards LIKE it when the government goes after
terrorists.

Most sane people do. But not innocent people.

And who are the guilty ones? Just the Muslims?

Well, I tried to find a news story of some lilly white terrorists, and so
far Tim McVeigh is the only one. So yes, so far it's only Muslims.

One thing about Islam, though, they seem to rely on a single solution for
anyone who dares to say something about Islam they don't like: death. You
write something they don't like? Death. Draw a cartoon? Death. Say
something? Death. See a pattern here? Why?

Old December 15th 09, 02:30 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
David J. Littleboy

RichA wrote:
Ray Fischer wrote:
RichA wrote:
I can't help but wonder if there isn't something happening in Britain
that would result is an almost daily occurrence of police arresting,
or hassling photographers? Has there actually been an uptick in
terrorist threats, and they simply aren't telling the public about
them?

I thought that rightards LIKE it when the government goes after
terrorists.

Most sane people do. But not innocent people.

And who are the guilty ones? Just the Muslims?

Well, I tried to find a news story of some lilly white terrorists, and so
far Tim McVeigh is the only one. So yes, so far it's only Muslims.

You're forgetting Northern Ireland.

The antrax attacks were never really solved. The guy being blamed (who
committed suicide) wasn't Muslim. Wasn't there a bomb at the Atlanta
Olympics? And the unibomber (who almost killed one of my Comp. Sci.
professors).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Centenn...c_Park_bombing

And lots of my lefty friends...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Domesti..._United_States

And we've blown up a lot of weddings, dropped a lot of drone-carried bombs
onto civilian houses. Pretty terrifying if you make the mistake of being
there...

And you are forgetting Yugoslavia, where Muslims were the victims of
horrendous crimes.

To say nothing of Israel's crimes against the Palestinians.

Lots of non-Muslim terrorism.

--
David J. Littleboy
Tokyo, Japan

Old December 15th 09, 03:56 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
Ray Fischer

RichA wrote:
Ray Fischer wrote:
RichA wrote:
I can't help but wonder if there isn't something happening in Britain
that would result is an almost daily occurrence of police arresting,
or hassling photographers? Has there actually been an uptick in
terrorist threats, and they simply aren't telling the public about
them?

I thought that rightards LIKE it when the government goes after
terrorists.

Most sane people do. But not innocent people.

And who are the guilty ones? Just the Muslims?

It does seem that way, who was quilty of the 9/11 attacks, just Muslims
or is someone else to blame ?

Bigots always focus on the group that they hate.

Timothy McVeigh? That doesn't count for some reason. Israel's
invasion of Lebanon? That doesn't count for some reason.

--
Ray Fischer