canon photoshoot on xp laptop

Old December 27th 06, 07:10 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
[email protected]

Default canon photoshoot on xp laptop

Hi all,

I have a Canon PhotoShoot S500 and I'm trying to install the driver
onto a Dell Latitude D620 laptop running windows XP. The wierd thing
is this, the driver installs, but when I plug the usb cable connected
to the camera into the laptop, the laptop does not detect its presence.
I use the same usb port for other devices and they are detected. Also
I use the camera on a deskop computer running XP and it detects the
camera. Any ideas on this mystery? Thanks,

Kev

Old December 28th 06, 01:31 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Scubabix

Try plugging it in and THEN turning the camera on. I thought I was having
the same problem with my 30D until I read the manual again.
Rob

oups.com...

Old December 28th 06, 02:50 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Mark B.

wrote in message
oups.com...
Hi all,

I have a Canon PhotoShoot S500 and I'm trying to install the driver
onto a Dell Latitude D620 laptop running windows XP. The wierd thing
is this, the driver installs, but when I plug the usb cable connected
to the camera into the laptop, the laptop does not detect its presence.
I use the same usb port for other devices and they are detected. Also
I use the camera on a deskop computer running XP and it detects the
camera. Any ideas on this mystery?

Get a card reader instead, no messing with drivers. The reader will work on
any PC w/o having to load drivers first.

Mark

Old December 28th 06, 05:19 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Mike Russell

wrote in message
oups.com...
Hi all,

I have a Canon PhotoShoot S500 and I'm trying to install the driver
onto a Dell Latitude D620 laptop running windows XP. The wierd thing
is this, the driver installs, but when I plug the usb cable connected
to the camera into the laptop, the laptop does not detect its presence.
I use the same usb port for other devices and they are detected. Also
I use the camera on a deskop computer running XP and it detects the
camera. Any ideas on this mystery? Thanks,

It's possible that the camera has been previously recognized as a mass
storage device. One way this could happen would be if you plugged the
camera in earlier, before installing the Canon software. If that is the
case, a removable disk icon will appear in the Explorer. Use the Device
Manager to remove that particular disk, unplug the camera before it is
recognized, and then re-install the Canon software.

If that does not address the problem, go into the Device Manager, set the
"view by connection" option, and look for any unknown USB devices. Remove
them, and then re-install the Canon software.
--
Mike Russell
www.curvemeister.com/forum/