flash too bright with digital cameras?

Old December 27th 06, 01:51 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
ASAAR

Default flash too bright with digital cameras?

On Wed, 27 Dec 2006 08:10:35 -0500, Jack Mac flashed this:

'way back when I had an Olympus 2000 I had that problem and the
quick fix I used was a small piece of black electrical tape place over
half the flash window. It worked to my satisfaction.
Not hi-tech but it worked.

Nowadays cameras use Flash Exposure Compensation to do that. If
you were wise enough to secure an unbreakable patent on your sticky,
manually operated invention before FEC was introduced, you might be
willing to share some of your royaltees, or at the very least, start
a Free Flash Foundation that distributes a couple of flash units
annually to those that submit the most useful flash tips.

Old December 28th 06, 03:01 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Jack Mac

On Wed, 27 Dec 2006 08:51:34 -0500, ASAAR wrote:

On Wed, 27 Dec 2006 08:10:35 -0500, Jack Mac flashed this:

'way back when I had an Olympus 2000 I had that problem and the
quick fix I used was a small piece of black electrical tape place over
half the flash window. It worked to my satisfaction.
Not hi-tech but it worked.

Nowadays cameras use Flash Exposure Compensation to do that. If
you were wise enough to secure an unbreakable patent on your sticky,
manually operated invention before FEC was introduced, you might be
willing to share some of your royaltees, or at the very least, start
a Free Flash Foundation that distributes a couple of flash units
annually to those that submit the most useful flash tips.

Apparently the Flash Exposure Compensation feature isn't doing a
very good job on the OP's camera or the photos wouldn't be too bright!
Now that I think back, it wasn't my Olympus 2000 that I put the tape on.
It was long before that on the old Sony FD-7. I think I paid $700 for it
back then.... and it didn't even have a view finder...only LCD.
I was proud to have it though.