Memory card question--Sony or SanDisk

Old December 23rd 06, 02:04 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
kayla

Default Memory card question--Sony or SanDisk

I have a Sony Handycam and I want to buy a larger memory card. It
came with a Sony Stick Duo Adaptor. Can I use a SanDisk Memory Stick
PRO Duo which costs a third of the Sony brand? What is the difference
between the two?

Lori
Old December 23rd 06, 02:13 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
ray

On Fri, 22 Dec 2006 20:04:59 -0500, kayla wrote:

I have a Sony Handycam and I want to buy a larger memory card. It
came with a Sony Stick Duo Adaptor. Can I use a SanDisk Memory Stick
PRO Duo which costs a third of the Sony brand? What is the difference
between the two?

Lori

I should think the biggest difference involved would be the price.
Old December 23rd 06, 02:21 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
kayla

Sorry. I meant what is the difference between Memory Stick Duo and
the Memory Stick PRO Duo

Old December 23rd 06, 05:26 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Shawn Hirn

In article ,
kayla afwt_hotmail.com@ wrote:

Sorry. I meant what is the difference between Memory Stick Duo and
the Memory Stick PRO Duo

If "memory" serves, one's smaller than the other. Check Sony's web site
for details.
Old December 23rd 06, 02:23 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Stephen Henning

kayla afwt_hotmail.com@ wrote:

Can I use a SanDisk Memory Stick PRO Duo which costs a third of
the Sony brand? What is the difference between the two?

I have a SanDisk 1GB card which repeatedly generates errors in the
files. It has a 5 year warranty. It is not the camera since I have
Lexar, PNY, Dane Elec, and other SanDisk cards that work perfectly. I
contacted SanDisk and they say, where does Sony/Minolta state that the
SanDisk is compatible with their camera? And I say, they don't but
SanDisk says that their disk is compatible with my camera on the SanDisk
website compatibility chart. So, what I am saying is that apparently the
SanDisk warranty is worthless.

--
Pardon my spam deterrent; send email to
http://home.earthlink.net/~rhodyman
Old December 25th 06, 05:14 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
kayla

So I probably would be better off to buy a Sony brand and be sure.

Lori

Old December 25th 06, 07:31 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
[email protected]

I have 3 Sony ditigal cameras and 2 sony camcorders that used memory
sticks for photos, I have used SanDisk Memory Sticks, both regualar
and Pros and have never and I mean never had a problem. It would not
suprise me that they come from the same factory as Sony.

Christ, you can buy twice or more total memory for the same dollar
value by not buying the inflated Sony name brand.

Old December 26th 06, 08:43 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Bryan Olson

kayla wrote:
Sorry. I meant what is the difference between Memory Stick Duo and
the Memory Stick PRO Duo

The Duo is a smaller form-factor.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Memory_Stick

--
--Bryan
Old December 27th 06, 02:45 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
M. Fricker

Bryan Olson wrote:

kayla wrote:
Sorry. I meant what is the difference between Memory Stick Duo and
the Memory Stick PRO Duo

The Duo is a smaller form-factor.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Memory_Stick

Dah! Which Duo, the Pro Duo or the straight Duo?
Old December 28th 06, 05:25 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Bryan Olson

M. Fricker wrote:
Bryan Olson wrote:

kayla wrote:
Sorry. I meant what is the difference between Memory Stick Duo and
the Memory Stick PRO Duo

The Duo is a smaller form-factor.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Memory_Stick

Dah! Which Duo, the Pro Duo or the straight Duo?

Ah, I see now, sorry. In Sony Memory-Stick speak, "Duo"
means the smaller form factor, "Pro" means higher capacity.
"Pro" and "Duo" are orthogonal.

--
--Bryan