Requesting Help with Injet Printer Selection - HP C5180 or Canon Pixma MP530?

Old December 23rd 06, 03:08 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Mike

Default Requesting Help with Injet Printer Selection - HP C5180 or Canon Pixma MP530?

"Michael Johnson" wrote in message

The MP530 uses the new chipped cartridges. I buy cartridges from he
https://www.neximaging.com/

They sell cartridges for the MP500 do I need to buy for the MP530?
They sell cartridges w/o the chip for $3.09 will they work for me?

Old December 27th 06, 07:49 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Michael Johnson, PE

Mike wrote:
"Michael Johnson" wrote in message
The MP530 uses the new chipped cartridges. I buy cartridges from he
https://www.neximaging.com/

They sell cartridges for the MP500 do I need to buy for the MP530?
They sell cartridges w/o the chip for $3.09 will they work for me?

I think you will have to physically transfer the chip to the new
cartridge but you will lose ink monitoring capability. I would refill
instead of going through this hassle. There are some other systems
coming to market for the CLI-8 cartridges that solve the chip problems
but they aren't well tested yet and I would be skeptical of them until I
hear some positive feedback from real world users.
Old December 27th 06, 11:22 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Mike

"Michael Johnson, PE" wrote in message
Mike wrote:
"Michael Johnson" wrote in message
The MP530 uses the new chipped cartridges. I buy cartridges from he
https://www.neximaging.com/

They sell cartridges for the MP500 do I need to buy for the MP530?
They sell cartridges w/o the chip for $3.09 will they work for me?

I think you will have to physically transfer the chip to the new cartridge
but you will lose ink monitoring capability. I would refill instead of
going through this hassle. There are some other systems coming to market
for the CLI-8 cartridges that solve the chip problems but they aren't well
tested yet and I would be skeptical of them until I hear some positive
feedback from real world users.

I was ready to buy the Pixma MP 530 then saw the Pixma MP 600 for less money
on Amazon.
Reviews are about the same except the MP 530 has a fax which I don't
particulary care about.
Should I go wityh the MP 600?

Mike

Old December 28th 06, 03:37 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Mike

"Michael Johnson, PE" wrote in message
I think you will have to physically transfer the chip to the new

cartridge but you will lose ink monitoring capability. I would refill
instead of going through this hassle. There are some other systems coming
to market for the CLI-8 cartridges that solve the chip problems but they
aren't well tested yet and I would be skeptical of them until I hear some
positive feedback from real world users.

I agree I don't want to go through all of that. For now, I'll just refill.