Old July 3rd 03, 05:46 AM
phil w

Default >>> Request for Recommendation: Digital camera with specificrequirements

The Nikon 995 does most of that, but I'm not sure about the 1600ASA.
It will do manual focus though. And It's 3.3 mpxls.

This Guy Here wrote:

Hello, All,

I am an avid amateur film & paper photographer, and lately I've been
wanting to get a digital camera to augment my photography. I have
some specific needs, but I'm having a difficult time finding suitable
camera candidates. I hoping you could suggest a few models to
investigate.

The features I need:

o Megapixels: 2 megapixels would be plenty.
o An option for full manual control of the exposure settings.
o An option for at least 800 ASA -- 1600 is preferred.
o An option to use external flashes -- a PC sync is
preferred, but a hot shoe is acceptable. Ideally, if
I am using an external flash, I should be able to turn
off any on-camera flash.
o Rugged & reliable.
o Good battery life with an option to use an AC adapter.
o Mid-range price (e.g. ~$400-500 US)

I'll be using the digital camera for snapshots & for doing preview
exposures in a studio setting (thus, the external flash options is
essential).

Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

Jon
mailto: looknsee at ix dot netcom dot com