enlarger question

Old January 5th 06, 02:50 PM posted to rec.photo.darkroom

Default enlarger question

In article ,
John wrote:

Cheesehead wrote:
Democracies and Republics come in many variants.

"Democracy (Greek demos,˛the people˛; kratein, łto rule˛), political
system in which the people of a country rule through any form of
government they choose to establish."

The term "through" implies direct representation. In the past I have
attempted to contact numerous "representatives" regarding political
issues and have always been stonewalled, railroaded or even just simply
ignored. And that goes down both sides of the aisle as I certainly don't
follow a party line.

JD

That too bad they take that tack.......

Not my experience here in MD at all, I have on several
occasions written and emailed my congresspeople and even one
that is not my district because she listens,...i always get a reply.

to the American public."--Theodore Roosevelt, May 7, 1918

greg_____photo(dot)com
Old January 5th 06, 03:46 PM posted to rec.photo.darkroom

On both sides of the aisle there are those who take advantage
of the position and some who are actually responsive.
Even if you disagree with them, many do interact.
That's respectable behavior.
I've gotten letters back from some and no response form others.

Collin

Old January 6th 06, 01:54 AM posted to rec.photo.darkroom

Cheesehead wrote:

"Fascist"
Don't try to sound intelligent, now.

fascism: a system of government marked by
centralization of authority. While I'll give you
there are degrees of fascism, the potential by a
chief executive to abuse the Constitution is nothing
new. You yourself mentioned Lincoln. Nixon to his
dying day thought a president wasn't really under
constitutional restraints and could do whatever he
wanted. Ditto dubya...

Not religion.
Just the inherent religious bigotry of the Left.

Guess you just can't take a hint. The fact that
you deliberately frame all your arguments in terms
of left and right only shows you know nothing of
true religion, anymore than you know what a neocon is...
Old January 6th 06, 02:13 AM posted to rec.photo.darkroom

Tom Phillips spake thus:

Cheesehead wrote:

Not religion.
Just the inherent religious bigotry of the Left.

Guess you just can't take a hint. The fact that
you deliberately frame all your arguments in terms
of left and right only shows you know nothing of
true religion, anymore than you know what a neocon is...

So do you ("Cheesehead") now understand what neocons are a little
better? That they are now, ironically, the ones defending "Israel, right
or wrong"? (Hint: Pat Buchanan isn't an Israel defender, nor a neocon.)

Oh, and one other thing: do you really wear one of those cheese hats?
Ever time I read one of your posts I picture that.

D "and kielbasa too" N

--
The only reason corrupt Republicans rule the roost in Washington
is because the corrupt Democrats can't muster any viable opposition.
Old January 6th 06, 02:39 AM posted to rec.photo.darkroom

David Nebenzahl wrote:

Tom Phillips spake thus:

Cheesehead wrote:

Not religion.
Just the inherent religious bigotry of the Left.

Guess you just can't take a hint. The fact that
you deliberately frame all your arguments in terms
of left and right only shows you know nothing of
true religion, anymore than you know what a neocon is...

So do you ("Cheesehead") now understand what neocons are a little
better? That they are now, ironically, the ones defending "Israel, right
or wrong"? (Hint: Pat Buchanan isn't an Israel defender, nor a neocon.)

Oh, and one other thing: do you really wear one of those cheese hats?
Ever time I read one of your posts I picture that.

Well now there's nothing wrong with being a cheesehead.
All it means is you're a Packers fan ;-)
Old January 6th 06, 03:46 AM posted to rec.photo.darkroom

Well, I do wear one. Sometimes. Usually just to rile up the
competition. ;)
But I'd generally rather go to Wrigley than watch football.
Normally I wear either a Badger bill cap, or a Cubs cap.

I frame in terms of Right and Left because the social dialectic
drives the Left in today's world. You know, Lenin, Marx & Hegel.
Redistribution of wealth. State-controlled religion. De-legitimizing
government.
Subvert the dominant paradigm. Question authority. (And whatever
other
dialectical principle or cliche one can present as evidence.)

Those who say that the Left has no inherent religious bigotry are
either
misinformed, naive, or worse. John Kerry said it clearly the other day
on Ed Schultz when he talked about promoting "freedom of and from
religion".
And nobody has yet been able to describe and enforcement of "from" for
society in general without redefining "free exercise" to such an extent
that
it becomes a non-existent right. So when you hear self-described
Leftists
like Kerry use that terminology, think about the implications. They're
scary. Like him.

"True" religion is found in the NT letter by James. Because religion
is a system
and can be a valuable component of NT Christianity. That was a
personal relationship
with God based on grace, forgiveness, and repentence, and founded in
Christ's
propitiatory work.

The US is an open system with religious liberty for all and apart from
government control.
Nothing about separation in the First Amendment -- just some wonderful
things about
freedom of speech, press, religious establishment, religious practice,
and peaceable assembly.

If the gov't or a politician defines something true for others, then
I'm concerned.
They're not required to give up faith to hold office, but just to
respect that of all.

Collin

Old January 6th 06, 04:18 AM posted to rec.photo.darkroom

In article ,
Tom Phillips wrote:

Well now there's nothing wrong with being a cheesehead.
All it means is you're a Packers fan ;-)

Except that somewhere cheesehead ticked me off too
I only see his posts when you quote him.

to the American public."--Theodore Roosevelt, May 7, 1918

greg_____photo(dot)com
Old January 6th 06, 05:22 AM posted to rec.photo.darkroom

G- Blank wrote:

In article ,
Tom Phillips wrote:

Well now there's nothing wrong with being a cheesehead.
All it means is you're a Packers fan ;-)

Except that somewhere cheesehead ticked me off too
I only see his posts when you quote him.

Well, I could reply to cheesehead in similar noncompliant
to netiquette fashion and not even quote the OP so the
thread is completely abstruse and ambiguous. Would
that help? ;-)
Old January 6th 06, 05:52 AM posted to rec.photo.darkroom

Cheesehead spake thus:

[...]

You didn't answer my question about the neocons.

Old January 6th 06, 06:00 AM posted to rec.photo.darkroom

Oh give me a break and stop trolling....

Cheesehead wrote:

snip BS...