10d mkII will be released in Sept

Old August 4th 04, 02:47 AM
david smith

Default 10d mkII will be released in Sept

If you dont like reading the kind of thing, please stop reading now....

As posted a on July 2nd I told you guys I spoke to a friend who told me the 1.3x crop 10d successor was coming in Oct. Hes now told
me it will be late Sept in Asia, and October for Europe and the US

It will have a tweaked version of the 1dmkII sensor (YAY!) and will have slightly lower noise at higher isos!!! (didnt think this
could be done)

It will have a reduced buffer and frames per sec.

The only thing he could not not confirm was the name, oh and the street price will be about $1800 body only.

These are good times for digital photogs, as this can only make nikon, minolta and pentax pull their socks up and come up with
better competing models

Old August 4th 04, 03:01 AM
Richard Cockburn

"david smith" wrote in
:

If you dont like reading the kind of thing, please stop reading
now....

As posted a on July 2nd I told you guys I spoke to a friend who told
me the 1.3x crop 10d successor was coming in Oct. Hes now told me it
will be late Sept in Asia, and October for Europe and the US

It will have a tweaked version of the 1dmkII sensor (YAY!) and will
have slightly lower noise at higher isos!!! (didnt think this could be
done)

It will have a reduced buffer and frames per sec.

The only thing he could not not confirm was the name, oh and the
street price will be about $1800 body only.

These are good times for digital photogs, as this can only make nikon,
minolta and pentax pull their socks up and come up with better
competing models

I hope you're right. I want this to be true. Speaking as a 10D owner, this
is a dream come true.

--
"Live fast. Die young." (Nikki Sixx)

-Richard Cockburn

Old August 4th 04, 04:38 AM
Skip M

"Richard Cockburn" wrote in message
"david smith" wrote in
:

[...]

Speaking as someone dithering about buying a 10D or waiting for its
replacement, I bloody well hope he's right!!!!

--
Skip Middleton
http://www.shadowcatcherimagery.com

Old August 4th 04, 04:39 AM
david smith

I hope you're right. I want this to be true. Speaking as a 10D owner, this
is a dream come true.

Richard - Its not really a dream come true

Its just normal progress, since the small increase from 6 to 8mp is not enough of a reason to convince most users to upgrade, canon
had to give something else to give it edge and so the reason for using the larger 1.3x crop sensor.

I will apologise to the group if I am wrong about what I have previously stated. I also gotta laugh at some people claiming Canon
would waste precious R&D on developing a 1.6x crop 8MP sensor....there is no way they would do that.

Right now the only thing im worried about is the price $1,800

Old August 4th 04, 04:48 AM
Skip M

[...]

By the way, Richard, http://www.jimpoz.com/quotes/category.asp?categoryid=48
attributes "Live fast, die young, leave a good looking corpse," to James
Dean. I think it predates him, but I haven't found any other reference...