Traditional B&W Interest Group

Old March 2nd 10, 01:34 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.medium-format
Noons

Default Traditional B&W Interest Group

Alan Browne wrote,on my timestamp of 2/03/2010 4:11 AM:

[chuckle] Aside from deep grained belief on your part, any solid
verifiable
references/links/citations from you to substantiate that "The opposite of
"digital" is not "analog" "?

Show me a substantive, authoritative link showing that the opposite
meaning of digital is analog.

Please don't read this:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Digitizing
and specifically the paragraph with the heading
"Analog signals to digital"
Ah, let's see: wikipedia is not authoritative enough for you?
Then why cite it so many times before?
Or perhaps "continuous" is not the antonym of "non-continuous"?
Wonders never cease with you, Alan.
Bull**** neither.

And, please, chuckle while you do it.

I did, while reading what you said. It's a constant reaction.
Old March 2nd 10, 03:20 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.medium-format
Lawrence Akutagawa

"Noons" wrote in message
Lawrence Akutagawa wrote,on my timestamp of 2/03/2010 2:18 AM:

Precisely. Where is your substantiation? Ah yes: missing, as expected.
Get lost, troll.

Why...I did. In fact, I provided - let's see -six
references/citations/links. If you can't read, don't blame anyone here.

Listen, idiot. You provided links to completely off-topic "digital" crap.
This is about film and grain. When you can provide on-topic information
instead of that nonsense, you'll be taken for serious.

Ditto should you not be able to fully comprehend that which you read if
indeed read you can. And if you can't recognize sarcasm, that failing on
your part is - I'm afraid - yours.

Good. Unlike you, I can fail and I freely admit it. You on the other
hand are perfect and have no fault. Which indeed characterizes you as
another of the sbc trolls. As such, kindly insert the "sarcasm" where the
sun doesn't shine around you.

hmmm....and all we have from you as per my post is this ad hominem based
ranting and raving, do we not?

Not really. If you pulled your head out of the stinky place it's in,
you'd look around for the many times I've debunked that Reichmann
bull****. Because quite frankly, I don't even feel like bothering
explaining it to you once again.
.

tsk, tsk, tsk....temper, temper, temper

Old March 2nd 10, 09:16 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.medium-format
Alan Browne

On 10-03-02 2:17 , Lawrence Akutagawa wrote:

That your "defense" is solely with your mouth with no accompanying
references/links/citations is duly noted, oh great believer of the true
faith. Clearly you have seen the light and need no solid, verifiable,
factual substantiation of any kind beyond your faith and belief.

So you don't like the WordNet reference at Princeton University. How about
in full glory from
http://poets.notredame.ac.jp/cgi-bin...gital#Antonyms of adj
digital

WordNet 3.0 Vocabulary Helper: digital
Contents
Overview of adj digital
Antonyms of adj digital
Similarity of adj digital
Pertainyms of adj digital
Domain of adj digital
Go to the input form.

Go to the top of this page.

Overview of adj digital
The adj digital has 3 senses (no senses from tagged texts)
1. digital -- (displaying numbers rather than scale positions; ``digital
clock"; "digital readout'' )
2. digital -- (relating to or performed with the fingers; ``digital
examination'' )
3. digital -- (of a circuit or device that represents magnitudes in digits;
``digital computer'' )

Go to the top of this page.

Antonyms of adj digital
1 of 3 senses of digital
Sense 3
digital (vs. analogue) -- (of a circuit or device that represents magnitudes
in digits; ``digital computer'' ) analogue (vs. digital), analog, linear --
(of a circuit or device having an output that is proportional to the input;
``analogue device"; "linear amplifier'' )

Again - failing to show that film is an _analog_ of an image.

(hint: "vs. something" does not mean "opposite")

You just don't get it.

Have the last word. That's your form of victory. chuckle.

--
gmail originated posts are filtered due to spam.
Old March 2nd 10, 11:49 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.medium-format
Alan Browne

On 10-03-02 18:26 , wrote:
Alan Browne wrote:
On 10-03-02 0:04 ,
wrote:
Alan Browne wrote:

My last comment on the issue.

You said that two days ago.. lol

Stephanie

You're right on that. So have the last word to affirm your "victory".

Of course that won't make you right.

So we post multiple sources, all showing the antonym of digital is
analog etc (and there is no antonym for fish!) and the best you can come
up with after "my last comment on the issue" threat is this?

Do you really feel Allen, not showing any references that backs up your
opinion and this "so have the last word" grammar school game as a
response to the dozens of references we found, somehow proves you are
right?

Again, you don't seem capable of grasping even the most BASIC definition

I'll just chuckle here and let you believe whatever lets you breathe.

of what digital and analog means. That being the case, maybe you do
believe this is an adequate response to the references that have been
presented. Oh that's right, you are correct and the rest of the world is
wrong and everyone should believe the same as you!

I feel very confident in my position.

In reference to the above references, not a single authoratitive source
was posted. Allusions to "opposite" (eg: "compare", "vs", etc) failed
to make the grade no matter the source. (compare and vs are not
"opposites" per se).

Anyway, a more interesting post on film awaits you...

--
gmail originated posts are filtered due to spam.
Old March 3rd 10, 12:42 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.medium-format
Lawrence Akutagawa

"Alan Browne" wrote in message
[...]

So saith the man of deep faith and belief...but who cannot present a whit of
verifiable fact - a reference, a link, a citation - that that in which he so
fervently believes is indeed so.

Old March 3rd 10, 12:48 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.medium-format
Lawrence Akutagawa

"Noons" wrote in message
On Mar 3, 2:20 am, "Lawrence Akutagawa"
wrote:

tsk, tsk, tsk....temper, temper, temper

Exactly. Got a problem? Cupanoodles!

****
yup, figured as much. Right on the money with this one!

Old March 3rd 10, 05:38 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.medium-format
[email protected]

Alan Browne wrote:
On 10-03-02 18:26 , wrote:
Alan Browne wrote:
On 10-03-02 0:04 ,
wrote:
Alan Browne wrote:

[...]

LOL! Every antonym website online lists analog as the antonym of digital
yet none of those are "authoratitive"? Can you post ONE reference to
back up anything on your position? Other than "My dad said so"..

Allusions to "opposite" (eg: "compare", "vs", etc) failed
to make the grade no matter the source. (compare and vs are not
"opposites" per se).

But antonyms aren't either according to you... Neither are definitions
of analog the rest of the world uses.

Anyway, a more interesting post on film awaits you...

I highly doubt it.

Stephanie
Old March 3rd 10, 06:11 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.medium-format
Lawrence Akutagawa

"Lawrence Akutagawa" wrote in message

[...]

Lookee here what I've found, folks!
http://newsgroups.derkeiler.com/Arch.../msg01778.html

"...there is nothing you will say to make me change my mind. "

And this is from more than four years ago! Four years! Can you imagine
that!
Moreover, all his words spoken those four years ago sound very much like
those of the true believer that he shows himself to be in the here and now!
And note the marked behavior - only words, words, and yet more words.
Clouds of words. Not one single, solitary, smidgen of anything even vaguely
resembling a reference/link/citation. He speaks only - only - from deep
seated belief and conviction, just as the devout
Jew/Christian/Buddhist/HIndu/Muslim does. Consistent as his very words from
four years ago are with those of today, he truly must be a rock bottom, die
hard fundamentalist in outlook. He truly has seen the light and no one - no
one - can ever cause him to waver in the slightest from his fundamental
belief, as he himself declared those more than four years ago. Anyone and
everyone brash enough to voice anything - anything - contrary to his faith
must be a heretic and an outcast.

As the old poster from years gone by said:
"I've already made up my mind. Don't bother me with facts."

[chuckle, chuckle, chuckle]