20D: SO GOOD, IT'S CRIMINAL !

Old February 25th 07, 01:58 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Annika1980

Default 20D: SO GOOD, IT'S CRIMINAL !

I'm bored this afternoon so I go over to the dam to try to get some
pics of the herons flying (they were very uncooperative). I'm also
shooting a few ducks, some cardinals, and the lone falcon that lives
there. The light is terrible, it's about to rain, but hey ... I love
a challenge.
Anyway, I'm minding my own business when I notice there's some rookie
cop standing there beside me asking me what I was shooting. "Birds,"
I told him without even looking up from my 20D and the Forgotten 400 f/
5.6L.

"Show me," he demands. So he makes me scroll through the entire CF
card showing him the photos to make sure I'm not shooting a picture of
little kids or the bridge ... you know, like terrorists always do. So
I'm narrating the pics as I scroll, "Great Blue Heron, duck, falcon,
duck, Presidential Motorcade, me flipping off the Pres, another duck,
me and the old lady doing it ..... "
You know, the usual stuff.

Just kidding about the Presidential pics. Thankfully, I deleted them
from the card before today's shoot. Otherwise, I might be typing this
from Guantanimo.

I was very polite with the flatfoot (since I don't really like jail),
but the more I thought about it after he left the madder I got. At
what point does having a nice camera make one a terrorist suspect?
When did that happen? (I know it must've been in the last 6 years.) I
know Bush (and his gang of crooks) wipes his ass with the
Constitution, but I must've missed it when photography became a crime.

I'm just glad my pal, Kamran, wasnt with me. He's from Pakistan and
he's got a quick tongue. Can you say, "Taser?"

This isn't the first time this has happened to me, either. I think
the next time it happens I will politely ask the officer for a list of
things that I may and may not photograph. If he can't provide such a
list I shall politely ask him to go **** up a rope.

Anyway, here's a crappy pic from today's crappy shoot.
http://www.pbase.com/image/74796772

Old February 25th 07, 02:59 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
[email protected]

On Feb 24, 7:58 pm, "Annika1980" wrote:
[...]

Didn't I tell you that cops, Secret Service agents and even security
guards stop anyone with a bayonet lens camera?! Can you imagine what
happens at the airport? Say the wrong thing, do the wrong thing or
even have the wrong thing in your suitcase and you will have a gun up
every orifice on your body! Remember that James Bond movie A License
To Kill? In that movie he used a medium format camera as a gun. I
think that scared a lot of people.
Too bad you couldn't keep your pics. I can only imagine how good they
were.
I think you're being too critical. This is a great pic. The water in
the background makes the whole photo look like a very detailed
watercolor painting. I like it.
Helen

Old February 25th 07, 03:47 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
William Graham

Default SO GOOD, IT'S CRIMINAL !

"Annika1980" wrote in message
ups.com...

[...]

I just got my new stereo picture viewer through the mails today, but I can't
find your stereo pairs on your Pbase website.....Do you still have them
posted anywhere?
weg

Old February 25th 07, 04:23 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
uw wayne

On Feb 24, 6:58 pm, "Annika1980" wrote:
[...]

Does anybody alive really, really think the Constitution has any value
any more?

Old February 25th 07, 05:21 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
William Graham

"uw wayne" wrote in message
ups.com...
[...]

I gave up on that when NYC (where I was born & raised) took the guns away
from the honest people back in the 30's.........A clear violation of the 2nd
amendment. And when nobody seemed to care that Richard Nixon had to turn his
tapes over to the Supreme Court in the 70's, in clear violation of his 5th
amendment rights...... And then, in the 90's, they tried OJ Simpson twice
for the Nicole-Ron Goldman murders, that didn't help much either.....How
could he be not guilty of committing the murders, but still be liable for
damages caused by them? - Not only has the Constitution been trashed, but
all the logic exhibited by it's framers has been trashed along with
it........

Old February 25th 07, 06:33 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Annika1980

On Feb 24, 9:47 pm, "William Graham" wrote:

I just got my new stereo picture viewer through the mails today, but I can't
find your stereo pairs on your Pbase website.....Do you still have them
posted anywhere?

They are stil he

http://www.pbase.com/bret/testing

Old February 25th 07, 07:49 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
William Graham

"Annika1980" wrote in message
oups.com...
On Feb 24, 9:47 pm, "William Graham" wrote:

I just got my new stereo picture viewer through the mails today, but I
can't
find your stereo pairs on your Pbase website.....Do you still have them
posted anywhere?

They are stil he

http://www.pbase.com/bret/testing

Ahhhh.....Thanks.....My viewer is only good for parallel type viewing, and
not, "cross-eyed" type, but I can separate them and recombine them using
Photoshop's stitching routines......

Old February 25th 07, 03:51 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Joseph Kewfi

This isn't the first time this has happened to me, either. I think
the next time it happens I will politely ask the officer for a list of
things that I may and may not photograph. If he can't provide such a
list I shall politely ask him to go **** up a rope

With the fascists ruling your country, I wouldn't be too smart with anyone
in uniform, if I were you.
You might end up getting your asshole checked for explosives and then be
sent to Gitmo for a re-check, over and over again for years to come.
Remember - it ain't just black and brown assholes getting treatment, being
white won't save you either.

[...]

It has removed 5090 spam emails to date.
Try SPAMfighter for free now!

Old February 25th 07, 06:41 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Robert Barr

Anyway, I'm minding my own business when I notice there's some rookie
cop standing there beside me asking me what I was shooting. "Birds,"
I told him without even looking up from my 20D and the Forgotten 400 f/
5.6L.

"Show me," he demands.

.... and if you had been using a film camera?
Old February 25th 07, 08:49 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Annika1980

On Feb 25, 12:41 pm, Robert Barr wrote:
Anyway, I'm minding my own business when I notice there's some rookie
cop standing there beside me asking me what I was shooting. "Birds,"
I told him without even looking up from my 20D and the Forgotten 400 f/
5.6L.

"Show me," he demands.

... and if you had been using a film camera?

Guess he'd have had to wait a day or two.