Nikon D2x - it's official

Old September 16th 04, 10:41 AM
Brian C. Baird

Default Nikon D2x - it's official

Since you're all asleep, I figure I'll do the generous thing:
http://www.dpreview.com/news/0409/04091605nikond2x.asp

1.5x crop - whatever, follows what Nikon said they would do.
Interesting to see if they keep the noise down and what the Canon
response will be.
--
http://www.pbase.com/bcbaird/
Old September 16th 04, 11:31 AM
ed

"Brian C. Baird" wrote in message
.. .
Since you're all asleep, I figure I'll do the generous thing:
http://www.dpreview.com/news/0409/04091605nikond2x.asp

1.5x crop - whatever, follows what Nikon said they would do.
Interesting to see if they keep the noise down and what the Canon
response will be.
--
http://www.pbase.com/bcbaird/

I think it's stupid that to shoot faster the focal length is changed for
you... How smart.

PS: Sarcasm enclosed.

Old September 16th 04, 02:23 PM
Stephen H. Westin

Brian C. Baird writes:

Since you're all asleep, I figure I'll do the generous thing:
http://www.dpreview.com/news/0409/04091605nikond2x.asp

1.5x crop - whatever, follows what Nikon said they would do.
Interesting to see if they keep the noise down and what the Canon
response will be.

It's interesting to think about how this pushes lens development in a
different direction. The 5.5 um sensel spacing will challenge many
existing lenses, but the smaller sensor reduces angle-of-incidence
problems and reduces the image circle demanded.

--
-Stephen H. Westin

Old September 16th 04, 03:15 PM
Gene Palmiter

Nope....its a real useful function for photojournalists. We don't always
need more MP but its nice to know its there if we need it...more often we
need speed. I can see myself using both.

"Brian C. Baird" wrote in message
.. .
In article , says...
I think it's stupid that to shoot faster the focal length is changed for
you... How smart.

PS: Sarcasm enclosed.

It's a gimmick, certainly. Nikon shouldn't bet money on it being a big
selling point, it might be nice to have but it isn't a deal breaker
feature.
--
http://www.pbase.com/bcbaird/

Old September 16th 04, 03:29 PM
Chris Brown

In article , ed wrote:
"Brian C. Baird" wrote in message
. ..
Since you're all asleep, I figure I'll do the generous thing:
http://www.dpreview.com/news/0409/04091605nikond2x.asp

1.5x crop - whatever, follows what Nikon said they would do.
Interesting to see if they keep the noise down and what the Canon
response will be.
--
http://www.pbase.com/bcbaird/

I think it's stupid that to shoot faster the focal length is changed for
you... How smart.

PS: Sarcasm enclosed.

It's certainly a novel way of selling what everyone else calls "digital
zoom", albeit minus the subsequent interpolation step.
Old September 16th 04, 03:50 PM
David J. Littleboy

"Gene Palmiter" wrote in message
Nope....its a real useful function for photojournalists. We don't always
need more MP but its nice to know its there if we need it...more often we
need speed. I can see myself using both.

The 2x crop factor in low-res mode makes it a 4/3 killer.

David J. Littleboy
Tokyo, Japan