[SI] - SHOOT IN - Flowers are growing...

Old January 22nd 08, 03:28 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
JimKramer

Default [SI] - SHOOT IN - Flowers are growing...

http://www.pbase.com/shootin/flowers

Plenty of room for additional entries.
Old January 23rd 08, 10:28 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
JimKramer

Default - SHOOT IN - Flowers are growing...

On Jan 22, 10:28*am, JimKramer wrote:
http://www.pbase.com/shootin/flowers

Plenty of room for additional entries.

The flowers have grown to nine.
http://www.pbase.com/shootin/flowers
Old January 27th 08, 02:55 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
JimKramer

On Jan 22, 10:28*am, JimKramer wrote:
http://www.pbase.com/shootin/flowers

Plenty of room for additional entries.

Flowers are still growing; a late entry makes it an even ten.
http://www.pbase.com/shootin/flowers
Old January 27th 08, 04:15 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Wilba[_2_]

JimKramer wrote:

Flowers are still growing; a late entry makes it an even ten.
http://www.pbase.com/shootin/flowers

Now I'm in I'd better make some comments. :-)

Tully Albrecht - http://www.pbase.com/shootin/image/91992453
Nice idea, I don't mind the background, but I just can't get over my first
impression of "washed out". I also find that having something clipped by the
frame, like the ends of the topmost leaves, focusses me more on what not
there than what is.

Michelo - http://www.pbase.com/shootin/image/91992455
I like this, bold composition, don't mind the grain at all. You could say
that the colour is a bit dull, but I accept it totally if that was what you
were trying to do.

Mike Benveniste - http://www.pbase.com/shootin/image/91992456
Mmm, doesn't quite work for me. Perhaps if the flower was a bit more lively
looking. Instead of going, "oo, that's nice", I'm going, "oo, what's that
supposed to be?" Sorry. :-)

The Dave - http://www.pbase.com/shootin/image/91992458
This one struck me the most first time through, and it's still my favourite.
Photos of flowers as such bore me sh*tless. For me this one is about colour,
form, light, etc., so it works.

Paul Campbell - http://www.pbase.com/shootin/image/91992459
Something different, goodonya for that. I can't add anything meaningful to
what has already been said.

Jim Kramer - http://www.pbase.com/shootin/image/91992460
Eh? What? :-) Is that gecko?

Douglas Macdonald - http://www.pbase.com/shootin/image/91999146
These are the kind of photos of flowers that bore me sh*tless. Sorry. :-)

Paul Furman - http://www.pbase.com/shootin/image/92002759
This one made me stop and look, and that's an achievement for a flower
photo. :-) I don't mind the, "where should I be looking" thing - the
composition works for me, possibly _because_ of the split focus.

Troy Piggins - http://www.pbase.com/shootin/image/92042664
Great shot. Two things came to mind for me. Is it actually a photo OF a
flower (vs a photo with a flower in it)? I'm not saying in any way that it
is a setup or a fake, but the scene looks so unlikely, in itself and that it
could be captured, that my detector went off. Anyway, I like it for what it
is. :-)

Wilba - http://www.pbase.com/shootin/image/92166500
Snapped this on my walk this morning. A pretty ordinary shot, but I thought
I'd chuck it in since I haven't been in a ShootIn challenge for a while.

Thanks chaps.

Old January 27th 08, 04:45 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Troy Piggins[_9_]

* Wilba is quoted & my replies are inline below :
JimKramer wrote:

Flowers are still growing; a late entry makes it an even ten.
http://www.pbase.com/shootin/flowers

Now I'm in I'd better make some comments. :-)

snip /

Troy Piggins - http://www.pbase.com/shootin/image/92042664
Great shot. Two things came to mind for me. Is it actually a photo OF a
flower (vs a photo with a flower in it)? I'm not saying in any way that it
is a setup or a fake, but the scene looks so unlikely, in itself and that it
could be captured, that my detector went off. Anyway, I like it for what it
is. :-)

I guess I should be flattered that you are the second person to
comment that it looks like it could be fake or unlikely. It
isn't. Just a lucky shot. Thanks.

Wilba - http://www.pbase.com/shootin/image/92166500
Snapped this on my walk this morning. A pretty ordinary shot, but I thought
I'd chuck it in since I haven't been in a ShootIn challenge for a while.

I quite liked your submission, probably more the thumbnail than
full view - only because it looks a little soft maybe at full
size? Not sure. I like the colours standing out from the
background.

--
Troy Piggins
Please feel free to provide constructive criticism on any photos I post. I'm
Old January 27th 08, 04:56 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Wilba[_2_]

JimKramer wrote:

Flowers are still growing; a late entry makes it an even ten.
http://www.pbase.com/shootin/flowers

Now I'm in I'd better make some comments. :-)

snip /

Troy Piggins - http://www.pbase.com/shootin/image/92042664
Great shot. Two things came to mind for me. Is it actually a photo OF a
flower (vs a photo with a flower in it)? I'm not saying in any way that
it
is a setup or a fake, but the scene looks so unlikely, in itself and that
it
could be captured, that my detector went off. Anyway, I like it for what
it
is. :-)

I guess I should be flattered that you are the second person to
comment that it looks like it could be fake or unlikely. It
isn't. Just a lucky shot. Thanks.

It must be UNBELEIVABLY good. :-D

Wilba - http://www.pbase.com/shootin/image/92166500
Snapped this on my walk this morning. A pretty ordinary shot, but I
thought
I'd chuck it in since I haven't been in a ShootIn challenge for a while.

I quite liked your submission, probably more the thumbnail than
full view - only because it looks a little soft maybe at full
size? Not sure.

I think there was some motion, probably more camera than subject. It's a
smallish crop from a 4MP original, so there's not a lot of margin. I could
have upped the sensitivity for a faster shutter, but it was just a snap.

I like the colours standing out from the background.

Thanks a bunch!

Old January 27th 08, 04:59 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
JimKramer

On Jan 22, 10:28*am, JimKramer wrote:
http://www.pbase.com/shootin/flowers

Plenty of room for additional entries.

Some one just had to make it an odd number eleven
http://www.pbase.com/shootin/flowers
Old January 27th 08, 09:38 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
JimKramer

On Jan 22, 10:28*am, JimKramer wrote:
http://www.pbase.com/shootin/flowers

Plenty of room for additional entries.

More Bloomin' Flowers!
A nice even Twelve, even fits nicely on the screen...
http://www.pbase.com/shootin/flowers