Bronica ETRC problem

Old August 15th 04, 02:05 AM
Mike

"Daniel & Emily Griswell's Photography" wrote in
message ...
I have a Bronica ETRC (the model with the non-removeable back; inserts can
be exchanged only) and it is giving me an unusual problem. It has to do

with
shutter lag(delay). When you cock the shutter, and press the shutter

release
button, the mirror releases, but the lens' shutter does not open right

away,
and the baffle inside the body does not follow the mirror as it should,
instead, it stays in place. This only occurs sometimes; other times it all
works fine. I only have one body, lens, and insert; so I cannot try
different lenses and inserts to see if the problem is related to one
individual part.

I've tried every possible situation in an attempt to isolate the problem.
Here are the times when I experience the problem, and the times when I do
not:

1. When the lens and insert are on the camera, the shutter lag (delay)
occurs when the camera is pointed upward, and occasionally when it is
pointed forward; when it is pointed downward, the problem does not occur.

2. When the insert is not on the camera (not loaded) the problem occurs

only
when the camera is pointed upward, and much more rarely than when an

insert
IS loaded.

3. When the lens is removed from the body; the problem occurs the same as
#2.

4. I noticed when I removed the lens and pressed the shutter release, that
the release mechanism for the lens' shutter will occasionally not rotate

all
the way across it's travel groove, and as a result it is not tripping the
shutter in the lens or releasging the baffle from it's position in front

of
the film.

I'm not shy about tinkering, and I do have a precision screwdriver set. If
someone could tell me if this is something I could fix at home, I'd love

give it a try.

Daniel

I would have the body checked out. The inter lock system between the
insert and inside the body may be the cause or it could be the insert
it's self. When I have one of these spify problems come into my shop
I check *everything*.
Mike

#2.

4. I noticed when I removed the lens and pressed the shutter release, that
the release mechanism for the lens' shutter will occasionally not rotate all
the way across it's travel groove, and as a result it is not tripping the
shutter in the lens or releasging the baffle from it's position in front of
the film.

I'm not shy about tinkering, and I do have a precision screwdriver set. If
someone could tell me if this is something I could fix at home, I'd love to
give it a try.

Daniel

ллллллллллллллллллллллллллллллллллл
Griswell's Family Photography
Storybook Wedding & Family Portraiture
in Columbus Georgia & Phenix City Alabama
http://www.griswells.com
ллллллллллллллллллллллллллллллллллл

Old August 15th 04, 07:38 AM
Daniel & Emily Griswell's Photography

Problem fixed! After a partial disassembly of the body, I discovered that
the baffle rollers just needed a little bit of lubrication. A tiny bit of
sewing machine oil did quite nicely; all is good again, and everything works
like new!

Daniel