The Value Of An Apology, At Least From A Republican's Perspective!!

Old October 8th 09, 11:03 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Bill Graham

Default The Value Of An Apology, At Least From A Republican's Perspective!!

"tony cooper" wrote in message
On Wed, 7 Oct 2009 17:11:41 -0700, "Bill Graham"
wrote:

I am only wrong in your eyes, Tony. I find that you will seek out some
minor
discrepancy in what I say, and seize on it to make your
point....Savageduck
does this frequently too. I do think in generalities, rather than
specifics,

The devil is in the details. Although, claiming that US unemployment
is at 20% or thinking that "vigilante" is an antonym for "looter" is
hardly a petty detail. You and Bill Graham share a propensity for
bungling the specifics.

I never said either one of those things....The unemployment is currently at
9.8% nationally, although here in Oregon it is closer to 12% A vigilante is
an unlicensed policeman.

and I don't argue when you correct my specifics. But I can see the
difference between minor specifics and my general logic.

Oddly enough, this could very well be the defense that one of those
political commentators like Bill O'Reilly, Glenn Beck, Rush Limbaugh,
or Sean Hannity would use when caught out. They might completely
twist and spin the truth, but would claim that their general logic is
correct even if their specifics are not.

Please point out
where my general logic has been wrong, and I will change my thinking
instantly.

I would not expect you to. You have a strong bias against the US and
a disdain for the US military. You have deep-seated misconceptions
about the American public.

I believe in the basic intelligence of the, "American public". I mistrust
the government, and with good cause.....So what? I believe that Obama should
give the 40 K troops to the generals fighting the war in Afghanistan. They
know what they need. He does not.

Pointing out your errors or misapprehensions isn't going to change
your thinking. And, frankly, attempting to enlighten you isn't a game
worth the candle.

Certainly your attempting to enlighten me isn't worth anything.....You don't
know enough to enlighten anybody. You are a liberal.....Enough said.

Old October 9th 09, 01:06 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Tony Cooper

On Thu, 8 Oct 2009 15:03:32 -0700, "Bill Graham"
wrote:

.. .
wrote:

I am only wrong in your eyes, Tony. I find that you will seek out some
minor
discrepancy in what I say, and seize on it to make your
point....Savageduck
does this frequently too. I do think in generalities, rather than
specifics,

The devil is in the details. Although, claiming that US unemployment
is at 20% or thinking that "vigilante" is an antonym for "looter" is
hardly a petty detail. You and Bill Graham share a propensity for
bungling the specifics.

I never said either one of those things....The unemployment is currently at
9.8% nationally, although here in Oregon it is closer to 12% A vigilante is
an unlicensed policeman.

I erred, Bill, and I apologize. So much of Chris's comments were in
the post that I thought I was replying to Chris. You did not say
those things. Your bungles have been in other areas. More of your
bungles are in today's posts.

--
Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida
Old October 9th 09, 01:53 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Bill Graham

wrote:

. ..
wrote:

[...]

Look. there are many ways to insult me. But confusing me with Chris is
unpardonable.....:^)