photo workflow question - Aperture to Flickr

Old September 29th 06, 05:39 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
JC Dill

Default photo workflow question - Aperture to Flickr

I'm helping a friend sort and catalog and process ~3000 photos from a
vacation trip to Europe and north Africa this past spring. He uses
Aperture (on a Mac laptop) with a cinema display.

He has his files sorted by month and then within each month he has
dates and within dates "rolls". He's going thru and keywording and
rating each image. We hope to end up with ~300-500 images that will
be 3* or higher (which we will upload, and which will be suitable for
4x6) of which ~30 images will be rated 5* (highest rating) and
prepared for 8x12 or larger prints. I'm doing the image enhancements
on these rated photos. I'm using both Aperture and PS CS2 for image
editing, depending on if the toolset in A can do the job or not.

The first output will be uploading "sets" to Flickr. Each set will
have images from different days, and perhaps even from different
months.

I'm new to Aperture. I'd love to know how others who use it would do
the workflow to export the images for Flickr sets. Is there some way
to get all the images with a certain keyword, spanning multiple
folders? Once I have that set, how do I export them in a standard
size? What about sharpening - do I need to do that manually or is
there a way to batch process it before or during the export? Is there
a way to batch process all 3* and 4* images with a certain keyword,
but NOT the 5* images (which will be sharpened differently since they
are to be printed at large sizes)?

Is there a better place to ask this question? I'm not sure it's a
specific Aperture question (maybe the answer involves not using
Aperture?) - and I don't know where the good Aperture forums are.

Thanks!

jc

~ Eileen Morgan of The Mare's Nest, PA