CBC Interview

Old October 11th 08, 12:07 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Dudley Hanks[_2_]

Default CBC Interview

Sorry, folks, I've been busy lately.

With a little luck, I should be back posting soon. And, since I'll be
getting my Trekker soon, my geographical range should dramatically increase.

For a little light entertainment, check out the following link on October 12
(for about a week or so). It's a little segment Peter Wall, a video
journalist for the Canadian Broadcasting Corporation did, featuring yours
truly.

http://www.cbc.ca/sunday

In addition to the video, the CBC will be posting a small photo gallery
featuring my work.

Take Care,
Dudley

Old October 11th 08, 08:39 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Paul Furman

Howdy!

--
Paul Furman
www.edgehill.net

Old October 11th 08, 08:46 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Jurgen

That Rich wrote:

Hey Dudley,

How about being a bit more specific about where I could find the
segment you are featured in. Looked at your link and found nothing.

RPŠ

All too often this happens.

I tend to think they do it to get a lift in click thru's and ultimately,
some revenue. I can't quite figure out the link between CBC and click
thru's for Dudley. Maybe he isn't as popular as he wants to be?
Old October 11th 08, 05:59 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Paul Furman

Jurgen wrote:
That Rich wrote:

Hey Dudley,

How about being a bit more specific about where I could find the
segment you are featured in. Looked at your link and found nothing.

All too often this happens.

I tend to think they do it to get a lift in click thru's and ultimately,
some revenue. I can't quite figure out the link between CBC and click
thru's for Dudley. Maybe he isn't as popular as he wants to be?

He said it won't be up till the 12th. Dudley is a blind amateur photog,
if you don't recall his postings, so it's just a personal interest story
on public radio, I doubt he got paid and if he did, he earned it by
pursuing that endeavor.

--
Paul Furman
www.edgehill.net

Old October 11th 08, 06:54 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Advocate54

"That Rich" wrote in message
On Fri, 10 Oct 2008 23:07:53 GMT, "Dudley Hanks"
wrote:

Sorry, folks, I've been busy lately.

With a little luck, I should be back posting soon. And, since I'll be
getting my Trekker soon, my geographical range should dramatically
increase.

For a little light entertainment, check out the following link on October
12
(for about a week or so). It's a little segment Peter Wall, a video
journalist for the Canadian Broadcasting Corporation did, featuring yours
truly.

http://www.cbc.ca/sunday

In addition to the video, the CBC will be posting a small photo gallery
featuring my work.

Hey Dudley,

How about being a bit more specific about where I could find the
segment you are featured in. Looked at your link and found nothing.

The Bipolar Buddha wasn't Dudley?

Old October 12th 08, 03:55 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Dudley Hanks[_2_]

wrote:

Sorry, folks, I've been busy lately.

With a little luck, I should be back posting soon. And, since I'll be
getting my Trekker soon, my geographical range should dramatically
increase.

For a little light entertainment, check out the following link on October
12
(for about a week or so). It's a little segment Peter Wall, a video
journalist for the Canadian Broadcasting Corporation did, featuring yours
truly.

http://www.cbc.ca/sunday

In addition to the video, the CBC will be posting a small photo gallery
featuring my work.

Hey Dudley,

How about being a bit more specific about where I could find the
segment you are featured in. Looked at your link and found nothing.

The Bipolar Buddha wasn't Dudley?

I try to be real Zen-like, but I haven't quite reached that level of
spirituality yet...

Maybe next life ...

Take Care,
Dudley

Old October 12th 08, 04:02 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Dudley Hanks[_2_]

"Paul Furman" wrote in message
Jurgen wrote:
That Rich wrote:

Hey Dudley,

How about being a bit more specific about where I could find the
segment you are featured in. Looked at your link and found nothing.

All too often this happens.

I tend to think they do it to get a lift in click thru's and ultimately,
some revenue. I can't quite figure out the link between CBC and click
thru's for Dudley. Maybe he isn't as popular as he wants to be?

He said it won't be up till the 12th. Dudley is a blind amateur photog, if
you don't recall his postings, so it's just a personal interest story on
public radio, I doubt he got paid and if he did, he earned it by pursuing
that endeavor.

--
Paul Furman

Nope, no money for spots like this...

In Canada, we're having an election just like our southern neighbours.
While the segment deals with my photography and disability, the real focus
of the message is how politics and the environment meld...

While the specific context is the Canadian election, you Yanks might find it
relevant as well....

Take Care,
Dudley

Old October 12th 08, 04:07 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Dudley Hanks[_2_]

"Jurgen" wrote in message
That Rich wrote:

Hey Dudley,

How about being a bit more specific about where I could find the
segment you are featured in. Looked at your link and found nothing.

RPŠ

All too often this happens.

I tend to think they do it to get a lift in click thru's and ultimately,
some revenue. I can't quite figure out the link between CBC and click
thru's for Dudley. Maybe he isn't as popular as he wants to be?

Trust me, I generally would like to be less popular than I am. As a blind
photographer, it can sometimes be difficult to take a pic for all the offers
of help.

Give me a secluded spot in the forest with an hour or two to set up and I'm
as happy as a pig in a mud bath...

Take Care,
Dudley

Old October 12th 08, 04:16 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Dudley Hanks[_2_]

wrote:

Sorry, folks, I've been busy lately.

With a little luck, I should be back posting soon. And, since I'll be
getting my Trekker soon, my geographical range should dramatically
increase.

For a little light entertainment, check out the following link on October
12
(for about a week or so). It's a little segment Peter Wall, a video
journalist for the Canadian Broadcasting Corporation did, featuring yours
truly.

http://www.cbc.ca/sunday

In addition to the video, the CBC will be posting a small photo gallery
featuring my work.

Hey Dudley,

How about being a bit more specific about where I could find the
segment you are featured in. Looked at your link and found nothing.

RPŠ

The segment won't be posted until Sunday, October 12.

It's three-and-a-half hours of taping squished down to about three or four
minutes.

Peter shot some video of me taking pics, so if you ever wondered how a blind
guy takes shots, you might find it interesting.

It was kind of fun because, as he was filming me, I was trying to get a shot
or two of him. Managed 3 or four shots of him that didn't turn out too bad
in addition to a few others of a community garden somewhat deadened by
frost.

Take Care,
Dudley

Old October 12th 08, 08:06 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Jurgen

Dudley Hanks wrote:
"Jurgen" wrote in message
That Rich wrote:

Hey Dudley,

How about being a bit more specific about where I could find the
segment you are featured in. Looked at your link and found nothing.

RPŠ

All too often this happens.

I tend to think they do it to get a lift in click thru's and ultimately,
some revenue. I can't quite figure out the link between CBC and click
thru's for Dudley. Maybe he isn't as popular as he wants to be?

Trust me, I generally would like to be less popular than I am. As a blind
photographer, it can sometimes be difficult to take a pic for all the offers
of help.

Give me a secluded spot in the forest with an hour or two to set up and I'm
as happy as a pig in a mud bath...

Take Care,
Dudley

Sorry Dudley,
Too much spamming groups by those with no content, just google links on
their sites has made me a cynic.

No hard feelings please?

JH