Printer Help needed ??

Old September 29th 06, 09:24 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Gea

Default Printer Help needed ??

Dear Group,
I seem to have had a bad time with printers, rangeing from the Lexmark,
Epson and now HP, becuase I used 'compatible inks' I couldn't claim on the
warranties when they all broke, including my much loved Epson 1290 A3, which
is apparently prone to breaking because of the head , I spent £140 haveing
it repaired, and its now good for nothing, I ended up with an HPDeskjet
3845, which has given me no trouble thought the prints aren't great until I
recently installed two generic cartridges from Choice Staionery, it started
blinking and is now broken, Choice have said its the printer and that
faults only show up when you replace the ink.. {???}
I am now in a real dilemma, do I spend £30 on the right cartridges , only to
find the printer is now completely broken[I have run every test and replaced
the software etc.or wait to buy a really good A3 printer[probably forever
!!] ] I really want a reliable good quality printer , I would love A3 if it
isn't going to break within a year and also the price...
any advice here are my pictures
http://geaannunziata.deviantart.com/
thankyou for your help

Gea Jones

Old September 29th 06, 01:55 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Dennis Pogson

Gea wrote:
[...]

I use an old Lexmark printer that cost about £30 and top up with coloured
ink from Lidl's store at £2.49 for a full refill (3 colours). The secret is
to top up before the cartridge starts to run dry. I get perfect prints,
particularly on the photographic (high quality) setting, and my costs are
minimal. The Lidl refills come in ready-to-use hypodermic needles topped
with little plastic containers that you simply squeeze. No mess, no fuss,
and dirt cheap.

Dennis.