16mm developing reels?

Old February 11th 06, 04:34 PM posted to rec.photo.marketplace.darkroom

Default 16mm developing reels?

Does any know if wire 16mm developing reels were/are made to
fit stainless NIKKOR tanks?

Bill

www.nyx.net/~wboas
Old February 11th 06, 05:05 PM posted to rec.photo.marketplace.darkroom

wrote

Does any know if wire 16mm developing reels were/are made to
fit stainless NIKKOR tanks?

They were. Sort of odd, IIRC, the spiral is only on one side,
the other is flat.

--
Nicholas O. Lindan, Cleveland, Ohio
To reply, remove spaces: n o lindan at ix . netcom . com
Old February 11th 06, 05:27 PM posted to rec.photo.marketplace.darkroom

Thank for info, but it's a bit unclear. IIRC??
Not sure what you mean `spiral on one side, other flat.'

Perhaps I should have explained I want to develop B&W negative
16mm film from a reloadable Minolta-16 cassette . . .

I have 35mm and 120mm spiral spools for NIKKOR tanks, but can't
quite visualize your description per above. Do you mean one side
is a solid metal disk, the other side a spiral wire??

Best,
Bill

Old February 11th 06, 05:57 PM posted to rec.photo.marketplace.darkroom

wrote

Thank for info [TFI], but it's a bit unclear [BIIABU]. IIRC??

If I remember correctly, IIRC means 'if I remember correctly'.

Not sure what you mean `spiral on one side, other flat.'
Perhaps I should have explained I want to develop B&W negative
16mm film from a reloadable Minolta-16 cassette . . .

One side is - well not a flat disk - but something like that.
I only saw one once when pawing through a box of 2nd hand
reels. The store threw the box out years ago and the digital
revolution threw the store out ...

Possibly one side is a spiral and the other is just the 'arms'
with a metal something to allow loading.

The reel may have been for 110 film. I think 110 was
16mm wide but I have never used either.

Old February 22nd 06, 09:05 PM posted to rec.photo.marketplace.darkroom

Yes, the spiral is on one side only and the other side is an open X-frame,
so that the film will not spill out but you can get your fat fingers into
the center of the reel to attach the end of the film. Easy to use. Also
comes in Minox size. I also have what might be a Kindermann 16mm that goes
about the task a little differently. And since 110 is the same width you
can web search for that size as well.

It's also possible to saw down a Paterson reel to fit 16mm, I was making
these years before JOBO made their little reels. The retainer gets cut away
so you have to glue the two halves of the reel core together with silicone.

If you need a photo email me and I'll shoot one of my reels.

--
darkroommike
. ..